VACANCY FOR REGISTRAR IN BOWEN UNIVERSITY
Bowen University is a licensed private institution owned by the Nigerian Baptist Convention. Established in July 2001, the University is committed to adding a distinctly moral dimension and Godly values to tertiary education in Nigeria.
The position of Registrar of Bowen University, Iwo, will become vacant from 1st December. 2012. The University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of REGISTRAR.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as otherwise stated by statute. The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree from a recognized University, preferably in Arts/Social Sciences, must have had not less than fifteen (15) years of relevant post graduation experience in University Administration or similar institution, and should not be below the rank of, Deputy Registrar. Possession of a higher degree and membership of recognized professional bodies such as NIPM, NIM, ANUPA etc will be added advantage.
- The candidate must be a team player with good leadership qualities to inspire and motivate a crop of administrative officers.
- He/She must command respect, be ready to instil confidence and relate with subordinates. The candidate must have high integrity, innovativeness and moral standard in tandem with the vision and mission of Bowen University and must be ICT (Information and Communication Technology) compliant
The appointment is for a term of 5 years
SALARY AND CONDITION OF SERVICE
Bowen University runs a unique remuneration package, which is similar to what obtains in other tertiary institutions.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates are required to submit 30 type-written copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the following format:
- Full names with surname in capitals
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and denomination
- Current postal address including GSM telephone number and E-mail address
- Permanent home address
- Marital status
- Names and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Academic qualifications
- List of publications in details (if any)
- Working experience
- Present employment, status and salary
- Three Referees
Candidates should submit their applications under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked “Post of Registrar” and request their referees to forward confidential reports on them. These must reach the Office of the Vice Chancellor, Bowen University, P.M.B. 284, Iwo, Osun State, Nigeria, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.