A major player in the Fast Food Industry in Nigeria requires the services of a Chef/Kitchen Manager.
.Job Title: Chef/Kitchen Manager
Job Status: Full Time
The successful candidate must be a proactive, dependable, responsible individual with a strong work ethic who has the ability to handle multiple and varied tasks; and must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, and possess excellent organizational, computer skills, and maintain confidentiality.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CHEF/KITCHEN MANAGER
Your duties and responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
Participate in Kitchen and Food Production activities to ensure smooth running of the Kitchen/production as follows.
1. Ensure proper and accurate documentation of production activities.
2. Manage food cost for production against sales to ensure profitability.
3. Implement the use of company’s specified recipes for production and ensure strict adherence.
4. To maintain a hospitable environment for cleanliness and ensure proper dressing of all staff so as to be ready at all times for external Health Inspectors
5. Planning for all activities relating to food and ensure efficient/effective, cleanliness and maintenance of production equipment.
6. Ensure consistency in the quality of food and pastries by constant menu review, recipe analysis, cost control and staff training to eradicate customer complaints. Should there be need to adjust or change recipes, it MUST be jointly done with the MGT.
7. To completely eradicate waste resulting from carelessness or inefficiency of the production staff.
8. To compute the daily analysis and monthly report and submit same to the management regularly.
9. Setting the expected yield for every raw material collected from store both in the Bakery and kitchen & complying with same.
10. Check current stock level and ensure availability of adequate stock at all times for production.
11. Maintain steady increase in production of food and pastries from present position and ensure timely customers response.
12. Maintain standard portion control to eradicate waste
13. Ensure that all room facilities and equipment are functional and properly maintained.
14. Introduce/ established new products apart from existing ones from time to time.
15. To ensure that our breakfast restaurant is functional and is open for breakfast daily.
16. Ensure complete adherence to company rules and regulations.
17. Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the management from time to time.
Qualification: HND, Bsc. In Accounting, Business Administration, Food Science (Hotel and Catering Management)
Experience: 5-8 years experience in a fast food or related business in same or related capacity.
Desired Course(s): Accounting, Finance, Food Science, Economics
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com latest on 24/7/2012