Current vacancies are available inan NGO in Nigeria as follows:
We are a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment in partnership with the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels. In line with the broadened scope and objectives of our work, the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus have emerged. We therefore require the services of resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the following positions
- PHARMACY AND LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE
Location: GOMBE AND KOGI State
- Plan and support the delivery of high quality pharmaceutical care services and the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- S/he will assist in managing the pharmaceutical care aspects of the HIV care and treatment program
- Assist to develop work plans and activities in concordance with the Government of Nigeria’s stipulated guidelines/standards at all healthcare facilities supported by the organization
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of all pharmacy stock employing the use of monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases
- Assist in periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and counselling staff at sites supported by the HIV care and treatment program.
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports from the sites supported to implement the HIV care and treatment program.
- The implementation of quality assurance/ management activities at sites being supported to implement the HIV care and treatment program.
- Registered with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
- A minimum five years experience working as a hospital based pharmacist
- Must have an above average knowledge of and experience with HIV care and treatment medication.
- Must have previous experience working in a multidisciplinary team in a clinical setting.
- CLINICAL SERVICES OFFICER – TB/HIV
Location: GOMBE, BENUE AND KADUNA
- Developing and refining materials related to TB-HIV integration such as clinical guidelines, protocols, algorithms, drug formularies and training materials
- Initiating and enhancing TB/HIV integration services at sites
- providing training and clinical mentorship to facility staff on clinical management and integration of TB-HIV as well as TB screening
- Multitask in other HIV/AIDS Clinical areas such as adult and paediatric treatment, palliative care etc
- Training staff at DOTS sites on HIV counselling and testing
- Developing and improving care and referral systems
- Advanced Degree in Medicine or Public Health (MD preferred)
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment
- Experience in managing TB patients and programming especially TB/HIV integration (3 years + preferable).
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in TB, HIV/AIDS and OI
- Experience in developing country health care programs.
- Experience with facilitating trainings using participatory methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- LABORATORY SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Location: BENUE AND CROSS RIVER STATES
- The incumbent would provide technical support in the delivery of high quality laboratory services to health facility based sites
- Assist in planning and coordination of laboratory activities at sites in designated states
- Developing laboratory capacity at designated sites through on-going monitoring and hands-on supervision
- Training site laboratory staff on use of Standard Operating Procedures, job aids, log books, referral forms, etc
- Ensuring the monitoring of efficient documentation of laboratory results at designated sites
- Preparing periodic progress reports on laboratory services at designated sites
- Maintain inventory of Lab store
- Implementing and monitoring quality management/quality assurance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Valid Certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist is mandatory
- 2 years experience in a practical setting
- Knowledge and experience in design, implementation and management of laboratory services in HIV/AIDS program asset
- Medium- level computer skills in MS Excel, Access and Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- CLINICAL SERVICES OFFICER (PMTCT)
Location: KADUNA State
- The Clinical Services Officer will provide technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, working with health facility based site teams to provide PMTCT services to pregnant and post partum HIV positive women and their babies
- Planning, implementing and monitoring PMTCT activities at sites in designated states
- Overseeing the PMTCT clinics at sites in designated states by providing on-going mentoring and hands-on supervision
- Provide technical assistance to medical practitioners to ensure quality service delivery to patients as part of site multidisciplinary team
- Multitask in other HIV/AIDS Clinical areas such as adult and paediatric treatment, comprehensive prevention etc
- Building site personnel capacity through training
- Developing/strengthening plans for enrolling more pregnant HIV+ women in the communities into PMTCT clinics
- Supervising data collection for monitoring and evaluation use
- Integrating HIV/AIDS care and treatment into other Maternal and Child Health activities
- Advanced degree in Nursing/Midwifery, Medicine, or Public health
- Substantial clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment
- 5 years experience in providing PMTCT services and or comprehensive Reproductive Health services
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS and PMTCT
- Experience in training and facilitation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- TRAINING/CAPACITY MANAGER
- The Capacity Building Manager will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive institutional strategy in Human Resources for Health that addresses the link between Human Resource Management and Leadership to performance in FP/RH, HIV/AIDS, MCH, malaria and TB services
- The successful candidate will provide candidate will provide organizational leadership in capacity building, leadership development and health system strengthening, including institutionalizing human resources for health activities by introducing HRH models at state/local government and facility levels
- He/she will oversee the development, implementation and dissemination of state of the art practices to build the capacity of health institutions and scale up training of health workers
- The incumbent will lead the organizational development process targeted at state and facility level to build required Human Resource Management and leadership capacity required in achieving sustainable and improved health outcomes in the target states.
- Candidates should have Advanced degree in Economics, Business or Public Health or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a training, program management or organizational development role in a similar setting
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of working in resource limited settings
- Mastery of donor regulations especially US government funding regulations required
- Proven strategic planner and team leader with strong technical knowledge, conceptual and analytical ability
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Fluency in English.
All positions require candidates that are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of computer applications and Internet/ Emails.
Significant amounts of travel are required for all positions
Commitment to and understanding of Organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be an added advantage.
Terms of Employment:
The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions in the organization. However, appointments for each of these positions will be subject to a probationary period. Local terms and conditions are applicable.
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specific emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed below) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication.
Positions and Respective Email Addresses:
- Clinical servicer officer (TB/HIV), gombe; email@example.com
- Clinical services officer (TB/HIV) benue: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical services officer (TB/HIV) Kaduna: email@example.com
- Clinical services officer (PMTCT) Kaduna: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pharmacy and logistics associate, gombe: email@example.com
- Pharmacy and logistics associate, kogi: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory services associate cross river; email@example.com,m
- Laboratory services associate benue: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training/capacity building manager, Abuja: email@example.com
The subject of the email should be the POSITION title and the applicant’s full name e. g. Human Resources Officer – Maria John.
Applications not sent in this format will NOT be processed.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.