ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 40 countries, taking sides with the poor and excluded people to end poverty and injustice together. It is registered in Netherlands as a federation of affiliate programmes and commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999, through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ActionAid Nigeria is registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission as a national organization, and an affiliate of ActionAid International. We work partnership with civil society organisations, community based groups and social movements. We also collaborate with government agencies and support them to deliver on their obligations to the poor and excluded. We do these through service modeling, capacity building and policy influencing. Our core interventions areas include; women, education, health, human security, governance, food & agriculture.
To effectively strengthen our policy advocacy, campaigns and communication work and consolidate on our country strategy, ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of:
- HEAD, POLICY, CAMPAIGN AND COMMUNICATION
• Degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
• Masters degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
• At least10 years working experience preferably in the social development field is essential
• At least of 5 years experience in a management position, preferably heading a unit focused on advocacy and campaign initiatives is essential.
• Experience in working with civil society organisations, social movements and the media is essential
• Experience in fundraising and donor funds management is essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills is essential • Excellent conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills is essential
• Excellent Skills in networking, policy advocacy and campaign work is essential
• Strong commitment to human rights and socio economic justice and proven track record of policy advocacy and popular activism. • Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
• Willing and able to travel
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested candidates should complete the application form accessed from
www.actionaid.org/nigeria and send as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Electronically submitted forms will be entertained.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly welcome. Applications are also particularly welcome from candidates living with HIV/AIDs (PLWHAs). HEAD; POLICY, CAMPAIGNS & COMMUNICATION
www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs/head-policy-campaigns-communication and send an attachment latest 9th July to: email@example.com