JOHN SNOW INCORPORATED CAREER OPPOTUNITY
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a US-based international public health firm managing four supply chain management related projects through its integrated offices in Abuja Nigeria. JSI is seeking to fill the position of a Senior Logistics Advisor HSS (Health Systems Strengthening) in this office for the Supply Chain Management Systems (SCMS) project, funded by the US Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), to strengthen the procurement of essential medicines and supplies for HIV/AIDS and supply management activities for the three priority diseases HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria (ATM).
In addition to the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project, the Senior Logistics Advisor HSS is expected to provide shared services to assist in JSI’s activities implementing the USAID I DELIVER project, a US Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project that procures public health commodities and provides technical assistance to strengthen PSM for contraceptives, TB commodities, and malaria prevention and treatment commodities.
JSI is seeking to fill the position of a Senior Logistics Advisor to support SCMS logistics and technical assistance activities being implemented by JSI in Nigeria. The SLA will be part of the Systems Strengthening Team and responsible for activities under the SCMS work plan as well as other activities within the integrated office set-up. The SWA will report to the Associate Director HSS.
- SENIOR LOGISTICS ADVISOR (ABUJA)
- Support harmonization efforts of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) to consolidate the different Technical Working Group (TWG) activities under the ATM
- Provide technical assistance in the development of a national health commodity supply (logistics) master plan development for Nigeria
- Provide technical support for annual national quantification and procurement planning of commodities for HIV, TB, and malaria control, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners
- Support the Federal Ministry of Health’s Food and Drugs Department to disseminate the national pharmacovigilance (PVG) policy and develop other system strengthening policy documents and implementation plans
- Provide technical assistance for the development and implementation of a unified supply chain for implementing partners in a pilot region
- Support the development of a harmonized national storage and distribution plan that services the ATM in ensuring the availability of products in primary health centers (PHCs).
- Provide technical support for system strengthening activities of logistics and supply chain management for HIV, TB, and malaria disease programs, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners as well as training of relevant stakeholders on the various supply chain management available to SCMS
- Work closely with the Systems Strengthening Department on managing relationships and maintaining routine communications with FDS partners, and all other related stakeholders
- Contribute in identifying best practices and success stories for JSI Nigeria’s monthly logistics bulletin
- Perform any other activity as deemed appropriate by your supervisor
- A degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics Management, Health Sciences or Business Administration
- 5 years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in health care supply chain management
- Experience working with governments; previous experience in the area of policy development, supporting the translation of policies to actionable plans is desirable
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, or malaria programs strongly desired
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Training skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The above position is a full-time position. JSI offers excellent benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume with salary expectation boldly written at the top of the resume within one week from the date of publication of this advertisement. Please ensure that you write the position and location applied for in-the subject line of your email, otherwise you will be disqualified. Multiple applications will also be disqualified.
All applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com