SAVE THE CHILDREN VACANCIES
Save the children is a leading International Organisation helping children in need around the world. Established in the Uk in 1919, with a sole aim of saving and improving children’s lives through education, healthcare and economic opportunities as well as emergencies aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict;
Save the Children works in 120 countries including Nigeria and is managed by a team of internationally recruited professionals. Its activities are carried across Nigeria with coordination from the international headquarters. The Organization seeks to recruit additional professionals in Abuja, Nigeria office with the aim to continually achieve he set goals of the organization at large.
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMME (DEVELOPMENT & QUALITY)
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the job holder will share the responsibility for the direction and coordination of the country Office and be fully responsible for overseeing the development of high quality and innovative programs that will deliver lasting change. S/he will take the lead role in developing strategies of all technical input to Save the Children in Nigeria and ensure the coordination and integration of Save the Children priority sectors such as: education, protection, rights governance, HIV/AIDs, health and nutrition and emergencies. S/he will maintain a robust M&E system to measure achievement and progress towards program goals
- Interested candidate must possess a minimum of 8yrs work experience in a similar working environment with a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, preferably in Social Development.
- Applicants must have an understanding of the issues concerning the NGO sector with solid experience in developing, coordinating and managing diverse program to deliver in its highest standards.
- Good experience in providing oversight support to the implementation of activities is also required for the position.
- Working knowledge and experience of gender equity and diversity will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) as well as reporting skills are mandatory for this position.
- HEAD, FUND RAISING & MARKETNG
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the job holder will share the responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office and be fully responsible for development and implementation of Save the Children in Nigeria fundraising and marketing strategies. S/he will proactively develop concepts for new funding possibilities and a high profile for Save the Children in Nigeria. The ideal candidate will promote the save the Children agenda amongst its National and International contemporaries and be the first point of contact on Nigeria specific issues to members. S/he will seek ways to build on the existing network of Save the Children and expand its frontier for new opportunities.
- A Master’s degree in Social Development, Marketing or any related course is required for this position.
- S/he must have a minimum of 8years work experience in similar role in a corporate or NGO environment.
- Proven network with corporate and marketing/advertising related agencies in Nigeria is mandatory for this role; International network within the media will be an added advantage.
- S/he must have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to negotiate, influence and coach where necessary are also required for this position
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment is a permanent employment with 6months probationary period. The organization offers competitive salary packages to both National and International interested candidates. Local terms and conditions apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should send applications and updated copies of their CV which should contain contact telephone numbers and email address through the appropriate link on our website at www.gridconsulting.net. The subject line of your email MUST contain title of the position applied for. Applications not sent in this format may not be considered. All applications must be received on or before 17th August 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.