Christian Aid is a UK-based international NGO which exists to eradicate poverty around the world. It is currently working in more than 50 countries, and has had a programme in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country Programme presently focuses on community health and HIV, accountable governance and pro-poor energy. The Christian Aid Nigeria Country Programme is seeking to recruit an Intern (Office/ Programme Assistant).
Please be advised that this is not a salaried position and the individual would not be entitled to the benefits that apply to CA staff. However, it is an opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic work environment, specifically in an international NGO.
Job Title:Intern (Programme/Office Assistant)
Job reference: IN-NG/2012/002
Base:Abuja with frequent travel in-country
Allowance: N50, 000.00 per calendar month (Plus travel and other expenses when on CA business, but not to and from the office)
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term (11 months)
Start Date:Week beginning 3rd September 2012
1. Provide logistical support to CA-organized meetings, trainings, workshops etc
2. Provide administrative support to the Programmes Team, including the taking of minutes for meetings
3. All administration regarding grants approvals and transfers to partners and emergency support in accordance with Christian Aid policies and procedures
4. Support to the programme team with documentation for consultation and learning events, policy papers, reports and other programme related documents.
5. Provide administrative support to other support staff e.g. drivers and cleaners in the office to enhance effective discharge of their duties
• B.Sc, B.A degree or HND holder in Management, Sociology and/or Social Sciences.
• Fluency in English, including exceptional written English
• High level of computer literacy (Word and Excel essential, Powerpoint desirable)
• Desire to learn and an interest in development work
• Ability to prioritize within a multi- tasking environment.
Please submit your CV (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 1 page) stating why you believe you are well suited to this post by the close of business on Tuesday 21st August 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number.
Short listed candidate will be contacted