JOBS IN MTN NIGERIA TODAY FOR A MEDIA PLANNING MANAGER
Department: Marketing and Strategy
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE JOBS IN MTN NIGERIA TODAY
- Research and implement industry best practices with regard to Communication via Mass Media
- Promote and ensure the buy-in of the various functions in MTNN on Media related issues
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to proactively ensure smooth implementation of all Media managements needs
- Provide Support in Brand (& sub brands ) Architecture Actively guide and influence the development of brand communication plans
- Contribute to Brand Communication development
- Oversee and coordinate Media strategy/implementation plans
- Ensure plan integrity is maintained during implementation and ensure corporate negotiations are met
- Manage monthly media expenditure control
- Continuously review brand – media buying performance
- Monitor campaign effectiveness via post campaign research to measure achievement of compliance and set objectives
- Manage the Master brand and Market segments’ Media budget
- Effect Media negotiations (often with Media agency)
- Build and manage relationships with appointed Media Agencies
- Monitor Market and media trends and identify strategic (new / impactful) media opportunities, as appropriate
- Interface with the Media Monitoring agency
- Monitor the invoicing and payment processes to ensure hitch-free campaigns and prompt agency payments
- Provide the company/segments media overview
- Input into Media budgets forecasts for Master brand, Consumer and Business Market segments
- Control and manage the Media budgets of Consumer/ Business market segments and Master brand activities
- Manage cross functional relationships
- Develop organization-wide interpersonal skills and contacts
- Develop MTNN Market research and strengthen its strategic partnership with Marketing team leaders, relevant Industry bodies and Media owners
- Coordinate tactical media placements for all MTN N mass awareness campaigns
- Normal MTN working conditions. Frequent travels. Extended Working Hours.
- A first degree in any of the Social Science disciplines.
- Masters in Business Administration.
- 8 years marketing experience on either the client or the agency’s side, which includes:
- 3 years as a Media specialist with full operational knowledge of Media Planning and Administrative software/ tools.
- Brand management, project management.
- Budget and people management.
METHOD OF APPLICATION http://careers.mtnonline.com/mtncareers/vacancies.asp?deptid=8&id=1917