JOBS IN MTN NIGERIA TODAY FOR A MEDIA PLANNING MANAGER
Department: Marketing and Strategy
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE JOBS IN MTN NIGERIA TODAY
– Research and implement industry best practices with regard to Communication via Mass Media
– Promote and ensure the buy-in of the various functions in MTNN on Media related issues
– Lead cross-functional initiatives to proactively ensure smooth implementation of all Media managements needs
– Provide Support in Brand (& sub brands ) Architecture Actively guide and influence the development of brand communication plans
– Contribute to Brand Communication development
– Oversee and coordinate Media strategy/implementation plans
– Ensure plan integrity is maintained during implementation and ensure corporate negotiations are met
– Manage monthly media expenditure control
– Continuously review brand – media buying performance
– Monitor campaign effectiveness via post campaign research to measure achievement of compliance and set objectives
– Manage the Master brand and Market segments’ Media budget
– Effect Media negotiations (often with Media agency)
– Build and manage relationships with appointed Media Agencies
– Monitor Market and media trends and identify strategic (new / impactful) media opportunities, as appropriate
– Interface with the Media Monitoring agency
– Monitor the invoicing and payment processes to ensure hitch-free campaigns and prompt agency payments
– Provide the company/segments media overview
– Input into Media budgets forecasts for Master brand, Consumer and Business Market segments
– Control and manage the Media budgets of Consumer/ Business market segments and Master brand activities
– Manage cross functional relationships
– Develop organization-wide interpersonal skills and contacts
– Develop MTNN Market research and strengthen its strategic partnership with Marketing team leaders, relevant Industry bodies and Media owners
– Coordinate tactical media placements for all MTN N mass awareness campaigns
– Normal MTN working conditions. Frequent travels. Extended Working Hours.
– A first degree in any of the Social Science disciplines.
– Masters in Business Administration.
– 8 years marketing experience on either the client or the agency’s side, which includes:
– 3 years as a Media specialist with full operational knowledge of Media Planning and Administrative software/ tools.
– Brand management, project management.
– Budget and people management.
METHOD OF APPLICATION http://careers.mtnonline.com/mtncareers/vacancies.asp?deptid=8&id=1917