NATIONAL JUDICIARY COUNCIL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
National Judicial Council has begun a process of designing, developing and acquiring State-of-the-Art Information Systems with the intention of improving the operations of the Nigerian Judiciary through the Computerization of Court Processes and the operations of all Judicial Bodies
- DATABASE ADMINISTRTOR – NJCDBA
– Strong knowledge of Oracle Database technologies, Strong RAC/clustering experience and data guard experience required.
– Design, development and administration of Oracle databases
– Capacity to improve SQL performance results through use of explain plans
– Capacity to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers
– Supervise, report, and tune of Oracle database
– Responsible for maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedure
– Installation and maintenance of database server, replication and client environments
– Review and tune SQL and PL/SQL code
– Develop database packages and procedures.
– Security and access
– Required to deal with complex data models and object relational database mapping, while producing complex reports
– BSC in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
– 3 years experience of Life-cycle database development utilizing Oracle and Java based technologies
– Strong knowledge of the Oracle database, rented unities and tools and MS-SQL
– Knowledge of the underlying operating system
– Understanding of the physical database design
– Demonstrated ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance turning and monitoring
– Usage of ALL Database backup and recovery scenario
– Experience using of Oracle security management
– Experience in code migration, database change management and data management trough the various stages of the development life cycle
– Excellent communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators
– Experience with handling multiple projects and deadlines
- NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR – NJCNA
– Read, interpret and apply technical data processing manuals and related documents and information presented in trade journals, newspaper, and magazines
– Search technical manuals and guides to respond to questions and solve desktop computer problems
– Plan, requests, organize, schedule and coordinate a variety of activities and projects
– Learn new software packages and adapt to changes in technology.
– Establish and maintain cooperative and affective working relationships
– Interpret, apply and explain policies and procedures
– Safely and appropriately operate tools, equipment and technology;
– Plan, design and maintain network
– Give technical support to users
– Manage daily operation of networks,
– Implement LAN maintenance and management procedures,
– Plan, analyze, design, generate code, test, implement simple to complex software application solutions as needed to design and maintain the network.
– BSC or equivalent m Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics. Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
– Possession of MCSE, CCNA, ESE, MCSE+E and/or MCSE +I certificates are preferred,
– 3 years experience in all areas of local wide and metropolitan area network management and engineering including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, planning, designing, implementation, user support and troubleshooting a heterogeneous network are required
– Experience in Heterogeneous network infrastructure using Active Directory, TCP/IP configuration.
– WAN configuration using Cisco or equivalent hardware
– Cisco or equivalent Firewall and Wireless
– Video Multi-tasting and streaming
– Internet and intranet security and Cisco or equivalent VolP
– Tier 2 support for the network connectivity issues
– Routing table configuration and troubleshooting
– Communication with vendor support staff
– Evaluation and deployment of new technologies
– Managing ongoing security against both internal and external threats.
Routing protocols that include but are not limited to: OSPR RIP, BGP
industry standards of network security procedures and policies
Security principles of URN, 802.1x, wireless security and firewalls.
- CHIEF SSYSTEMS ANALYST/CHIEF SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – NJCCSASD
– Give input into software security and contingency planning
– Support business development project teams to ensure thorough requirements and testing.
– Give oversight and support in the resolution of daily production support problems that may occur and take corrective action when the systems fall to perform property.
– Supervise the schedule and implementation of quarterly systems modifications in accordance with the Council’s, Courts and other Judicial Bodies policies and procedures, and adhere to change control procedures for any changes made to the system
– Manage the Configuration Control Board activities for system and software per the release management schedule
– BSC or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics Electrical / Electronic Engineering. Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field Certifications in ITIL, Java, Oracle, or SCRUM, PMP certification or Prirce2
– 5 years of Life-cycle software development utilizing Oracle and Java based technology
– Good communication and presentation skills
– Capacity to manage technical staff, provide direction and support, and ensuring that project schedules are maintained and deadlines are met and tasks completed.
– Capacity to provide daily, weekly, and/or monthly status reports to project management.
- SYSTEM ANALYST/SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
– Provide full software development life cycle, including: requirements analysis, functional design, technical design, programming, testing, documentation, implementation, and on-going functional technical support
– Capacity to evaluate, analyze and fulfill user requirements
– Investigate and resolve user problems and application issues as they arise
– Excellent analytical, oral, listening, and written skill
– Implementation of new system functionality and troubleshooting existing systems
– Ability to provide results quickly in order to meet project objectives
– Drive to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team to develop solutions
– BSC or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
– 1 to 3 years software development experience
– Able to work in a team environment
– Capacity to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization
– Flexible, self-directed and motivated individual, able to accommodate to shifting priorities
– Capacity to understand business processes, gather and document business requirements and test plans
METHOD OF APPLICATION for this NATIONAL JUDICIARY COUNCIL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES jitpo.com.njc.gov.ng
CVs must indicate codes of post applied for at the top-right corner of front page. Applications, CVs and other relevant documents should be submitted, ONLY in soft copies (as attachment in .doc or .pdf file format within 2 weeks to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow these topics: NGO and Governmental Agencies