US Embassy jobs in Nigeria February 2013
- A/C TECHNICIAN REF: 2012-008
POSITION GRADE: FSN-04
RESPONSIBILITIES for the US Embassy jobs in Nigeria February 2013
– Provide skilled journeyman level refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic work, which includes the installation, maintenance and repair of electric powered refrigeration and air-conditioning equipments and systems
– Equipment and systems may include, but are not limited to industrial and residential refrigerators and freezers, cold storage equipment, dehumidifiers, water coolers and air-conditioning systems.
– Successful Completion of Primary school is essentials
– Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing in English is a must
– Full journeyman mechanic knowledge in air-conditioning and refrigeration is essential
– Capacity to use all types of air-conditioning tools
– Successful Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman mechanic skill is required
– At least year journeyman mechanic in air-condition experience is required.
– A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply
METHOD OF APPLICATION for the US Embassy jobs in Nigeria February 2013
Submit Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov