World Bank Jobs in Nigeria today March 2013
The Africa Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Group (AFR PREM) plays a key role in implementing the Africa Region Strategy, which identifies governance and public-sector capacity as the foundational challenge for growth and development in the region. AFR PREM has particularly significant responsibilities in strengthening efforts to build sustainable and effective institutions that can help bring about shared growth and poverty reduction in the countries of the region.
- PUBLIC SECTOR SPECIALIST
– Will report to the Sector Manager SM and will work closely with the Task Team Leader
– Support multi-sector teams to deliver the analytical and grant operations pertaining to public sector reform, especially public financial management at state level
– Work closely with clients to facilitate the implementation of PFM reforms
– Provide and exchange knowledge relating to concepts, techniques and lessons of experience pertaining to public financial management, public sector reform, and capacity building.
– Lead multi-sector teams to integrate PFM reforms into sector operations at state level.
– Masters degree in public policy and administration, economics, political science, finance, or any other related field
– At least 5 years of relevant experience in public sector reform and capacity building.
– Understanding of public financial management, procurement and decentralization/devolution of powers to sub-national level would be an advantage
– Demonstrated skills in project management
– Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team orientation, ability to multi-task and work across unit boundaries and a solid track record of mentoring junior staff
- OPERATIONS ANALYST
– Perform research and operational support, monitoring and reporting to the existing AFR PREM portfolio, particularly the State and Local Governance Reform Project
– Help in identification and design of new operations in the AFR PREM
– Help in preparing analytical and advisory services in the AFR PREM and reviewing analytical work
– Assist clients with enquiries on operational issues
– Help in the monitoring of operational deliverables as well as the deliverables of the consultants supporting AFR PREM
– Supervise emerging governance issues and developments in Nigeria or that affect Nigeria, and ensure that these are brought to the attention of the team.
– Masters degree in a relevant discipline Economics, Public Policy and Management, Public Administration or related social sciences
– At least two years experience in governance and public sector management
– Experience of World Bank operational policies and guidelines
– Strong interpersonal skills, including problem-solving skills and strong client orientation
– Excellent written and oral communications skill
– Familiarity with the Nigeria portfolio
– Motivation and enthusiasm for the opportunities and challenges of working in the Nigerian public sector
METHOD OF APPLICATION for the World Bank Jobs in Nigeria today March 2013