SAVE THE CHILDREN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES NGO JOBS IN NIGERIA 2013
Save the Children Nigeria is the world’s leading independent organization for children, creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- NEWBORN HEALTH ADVISOR – KATSINA
- Support the integration and scale up of newborn health by SNL programme partners in Katsina and Zamfara states
- Technical assistance to stakeholders in the states for scale up of newborn health programmes
- Technical leadership in the area of newborn health in Katsina & Zamfara working with PRRINN-MNCH field offices & SPHCDAs & SMOHs in the 2 states
- Officer will also work with Abuja, Local & international consultants to document best practices and lessons learned in NH in the states.
- Bachelors degree/ MBBS or its equivalent in health or related field and a postgraduate qualification
- At least 3-5 years work experience in health/public health and or in a health/public health organisation, including as a state level trainer/technical assistance provider in the area of RH/MCH with government of Nigeria or an International NGO.
- Experience with providing institutional support and technical assistance to decentralised health system and or NGOs on issues related to RHIMNCH service provision
- Experience in RH/maternal newborn and child health programming including facility and community based health service improvement is essential.
- AWARD OFFICER – ABUJA
- Administration of a robust and an effective awards management system for the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) that is compliant to SC award management systems and guidelines and meets DFID requirements
- Maintenance of an effective and efficient CDGP award filing system in accordance with SC award checklist and ensuring CDGP information is updated and monitored on the SC Award Management System (AMS)
- Preparation of draft financial reports to DFID and sending to Award Manager before submission to National Programme Manager
- Dissemination of information/correspondence regarding CDGP and other awards as instructed by the Award Manager
- Following up reports and other requests with project staff and field teams and developing a system to ensure that team members understand and meet upcoming deadlines and assist in the preparation of income claims from DFID
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognised professional certificate in accounting
- Part II ACA, ACMA, ACCA
- Experience of managing institutional donor contracts such as DFID, EC, ECHO, USAID
- Knowledge strategic financial management and producing appropriate management information to support strategy development and decision-making by management
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate analysis into appropriate, feasible and practical implementation plans and goals
- FINANCE COORDINATOR – ABUJA
- Financial management, manage the financial information function and to assess, train and manage financial relationships with partners; ensuring that all financial transactions are entered into financial system on daily basis.
- Checking and up loading program offices data to Agresso Financial System on weekly basis as well as weekly feedback to field offices on their weekly financial reports
- Bank Reconciliation on monthly basis and verification of payment vouchers and documentations prepared by the cashier for every payment and make sue there are adequate support documentation for each transaction
- BSC in finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Economics with substantial experience in Financial Management system. Proven skills in the use of the Agresso accounting package
- Excellent interpersonal, team work and communication skills and demonstrable experience in people management and leadership including remote support and capacity development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
- SAVING NEWBORN LIVES PROGRAMME OFFICER – GOMBE
- Support the integration and scale up of newborn health by SNL programme partners in Gombe state
- Provide technical assistance to stakeholders in the states for scale up of newborn health programmes
- Technical leadership in the area of newborn health in Gombe working with PRRINN-MNCH field offices & SPHCDAs & SMOHs in the state
- Officer will also work with Abuja, Local & international consultants to document best practices and lessons learned in NH in the states
- BSC in health or related field and a postgraduate qualification
- At least 3-5 years work experience in health/public health and or in a health/public health organisation, including as a state level trainer/technical assistance provider in the area of RH/MCH with government of Nigeria or an International NGO
- Experience with providing institutional support and technical assistance to decentralised health system and or NGOs on issues related to RH/MNCH service provision
- Experience in RH/maternal newborn and child health programming including facility and community based health service improvement is essential
- STATE TEAM LEADER – ZAMFARA
- Manage progress of activities and expenditure against targets, managing delivery of activities at the field level
- Ensure strong operational systems are in place for finance, procurement, logistics and transport to support project implementation, managing field teams and LGA sub-offices, strong representation and coordination with Government and community stakeholders
- Ensure compliance of all policies and processes and SC/DFID management operating standards and regulations
- Produce monthly project reports and quality documentation as required.
- A Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences or other related field
- At least 3 years of experience managing field based programmes and/or operations for a humanitarian/development agency in rural volatile locations
- Knowledge of building, leading and developing teams with different backgrounds
- Ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at a distance in remote locations.
- Knowledge managing finance, logistics and administration and knowledge of field logistics
- Knowledge of budget and finance management, and experience of managing budgets and the ability to demonstrate experience in security management
- Experience in institutional strengthening of government and or local NGOs
- Knowledge and experience of Child Rights Programming approaches and an understanding of nutrition, behaviour change and cash transfer programming
- Knowledge of Hausa (spoken) will be an added advantage
- ADVOCACY AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
- Build key advocacy messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through CDGP project implementation and wider analysis
- Support development of an advocacy strategy for the CDGP focusing on short and long term objectives and related to wider issues on social protection and nutrition. Develop compelling communications materials for the project based on lessons learned and experiences from the project for print and online
- Experience of state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them
- BSC in Social Sciences or Communications or a related field with Substantial experience in advocacy and policy development/ research
- Excellent analytical skill, ability to influence and ability to communicate key advocacy messages effectively and convincingly to a diverse audience at state, national and international levels
- Knowledge of the possibilities and tactics for influencing decision and policy makers, politicians, donors, and other key actors and media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy, Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local, national and international levels
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partner agencies and key contacts in the government, NGO, civil society and media sector
- COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT OFFICER NUTRITION – ABUJA
- Support implementation of the Save the Children nutrition programme in Nigeria with special focus on communication and documentation.
- Support Nutrition programme teams to produce quality case studies and promotional materials.
- Support the development of radio jingles, songs or any other communication tool used for creating awareness and for advocacy purposes. Work closely with colleagues in Head Office (Everyone campaign) to disseminate successes and lessons from the programme.
- Contribute to the development of press releases and other communication materials about the programme and to draw attention to nutrition issues
- Collect information about nutrition issues in local and national media and share appropriately.
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists, editors, commentators and opinion formers in Nigeria, principally at the Abuja level
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of international and national media related to the programme, including visits
- BA in Communication; Good knowledge and interest in nutrition and child survival issues in Nigeria
- Experience as a health journalist or in media handling, and a strong track record of success in obtaining media coverage in a variety of outlets including print, broadcast and online, as well as a sound understanding of their different audiences and reach
- Media training experience – working with non-media staff to develop media skills, including press release writing and acting as spokespersons
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Send application with cover letter to: Nigeria.Recruitment@savethechildren.org