No. 2013-036 Date: July 9, 2013 Ref: A50208
Location: ABUJA – HEALTH UNIT
Application: All interested candidates
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
POSITION TITLE: Physician, FSN-12/FP-03
OPENING DATE: July 9, 2013
CLOSING DATE: 22 July 2013
Working Hours: Part time, 20 hours / week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident-N6, 608,675 per year (beginning base salary)
Position Grade: FSN-12
In addition to the base salary, benefits will be paid
in accordance with the local compensation plan of the Mission.
NOR – not ordinarily resident – ESMA – U.S. $ 76,219
EFM / MS – U.S. $ 65.413 (Starting salary) P.A.
Position Grade: FP-03
NOTE: All applicants not ordinarily resident must have
Necessary work and residence permits TO BE ELIGIBLE
REVIEW. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT NEED TO BE
Residing in the country to consider, BUT THE GODFATHER
Officer under HEAD OF MISSION AUTHORITY (COM) Must
BE ASSOCIATED officially POST.
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is looking to hire a suitable and qualified candidate for
the position of the physician in Unit.BASIC health function of the position:
Holder provides medical services to approximately 150 U.S. direct hire
approximately 130 employees and dependents of all agencies to post primary care
doctor. He / she sees 400 national foreign service employees on the occasion of the injury
work, referring all who become ill at work in their private doctors. The incumbent
report to the professional foreign service health post.
To obtain a copy of this press release, please visit our Web sites at the Mission:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion described below with
accurate and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will
not be considered.
1. MD college degree with a license to practice in Nigeria is required.
2. A formal U.S. training and a minimum of three (3) years of official residence
or equivalent training, as certified by the American Board of Medical Services
(M / MED) is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) speaking / reading / writing in English and the use of professional
medical terminology is required.
4. Good working knowledge of Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advances
Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support and Emergency Preparedness for
chemical, biological and radiological situations.
5. Regular attendance of medical annual continuing education (CME) training and
seminars to keep abreast of medical practice in the U.S. and European standards
6. Knowledge and understanding of occupational safety and health administration
regulations and practices in line with U.S. and European standards.
When a U.S. citizen eligible members of the family fully qualified (USEFMs) and the United States
Veterans are preferred. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the application. Additional Selection Criteria
1. Management consider nepotism / conflict of interest, budget, and residency status
in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees probationary period are not eligible.
3. Ordinarily Resident employees with a summary of current overall rating requirements
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent report on employee performance
are not eligible.
4. Currently employed eFMS U.S. citizens who hold an appointment family member
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
employment, unless currently hired into a position with an effective employment
(WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following documents, or application
will not be taken into account:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174) or a current resume or
curriculum vitae that provides the same information as the DS-174, more.
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other document (eg, essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned)
that meets the qualification requirements of the position as described above.
4. A standard letter of request written and signed specifically applying for this
position and meet the minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and number of the ad on the application letter.