Oil and Gas Intern Position at GE
GE Power & Water Company
Industry Power & Water
Posted Title PGS INTERN / COOP
Career level Co-op/Intern
Function Leadership Programs segment
Location (s) where the opening is available Nigeria
No relocation expenses
Role Summary / Purpose The Intern / Coop PGS provides quality academic relations and support on a full time basis at the PGS team. This course will allow the intern valuable real-world experience, as well as provide the PGS team with additional administrative support. This position is for Electrical – Engineering Services in the field to Gasturbine, Steamturbine and Generators
Essential Responsibilities – Subir EHS and training based on Web technology.
- Support the function assigned to work for the day everyday activities.
- Work on projects often requiring independent decision-making. These projects are normally extended to 2 months in duration.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations to communicate progress, share best practices, or to provide updates.
- Will hold recruitment files and file tracking
- May be required to take on some aspects of a full-time job within the function of the intern / coop studies.
- Execution of work where confidence and accuracy are required
Qualifications / Requirements – Current enrollment in a degree program in engineering
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective time management and organizational skills, able to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, skills in verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Desired characteristics – Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimum
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, solutions and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work within a globally diverse team across different time zones