Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid’s items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience! We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Developer / Writer
- As Content Developer/ Writer, your responsibility is to create customer facing content including educational material, training manuals as well as content marketing material in the long run, with the aim of establishing and growing the brand.
- Create original, creative content – with an educational perspective- across multiple channels in long and short formats.
- These include, but not limited to, customer facing training material on the site (think super clean and focused “guides”), engagement emails (think messages that encourage you to take action), push notifications (think notes that raise curiousity), Some messages (think communication that create a buzz) and articles for content marketing (think highlighting exciting sides of the platform)
- Monitor the effectiveness of new and existing content and take the lead on coming up with solutions to improve strategy
- Ensure every content reflects our brands
- Support the SEO team with the optimization of content assets and other related initiatives
- Work effectively without close supervision and take lead of projects
- Love peer-to-peer economy, social media, design and all things creative and online
- Have a good understanding of users and what motivates them online
- Ability to communicate flawlessly in both verbal and written mediums with impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets and also prioritize tasks under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects with superior ROI
- Ability to maintain accuracy despite repetitive nature of work
- Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build lasting solutions.
- Project management skills are essential
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Mass Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent from a recognised and accredited University
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in content creation for high traffic website
- Alternatively 1-3 years’ editorial experience
- Good knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Proven ability to work in a central role as responsibilities will be continent wide.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply