Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Work Coordinator, Lagos-STEER
Job Type: Full-time
- As a member of the STEER Team, The Social Work Coordinator will be responsible for working closely with the STEER technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the project – focusing primarily on Social Work, Care & Support but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of the work plan activities in the work plan and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of the work plan.
- Provide technical support to STEER partners and Government counterparts to implement Social work activities and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Work closely with Partners to coordinate activities of Community Case Management Workers (CCMW) these includes; Routine Home visits, Case management, Referrals, Linkages and Collaboration with other Service providers.
- Support partners to form and coordinate activities of Child Protection Committees (CPC), Kids and Youth clubs, caregivers forum across Project communities
- Support Partner CSOs to develop and implement case plans including reviews and evaluations.
- Under the Supervision of Social Work Advisor, manage the preparation, coordination, and execution of special technical events, such as trainings.
- Advocate with the government and other actors to take appropriate measure to remedy violations and address the protection concerns facing children in the communities. Liaise with relevant line ministries and commissions in order to foster partnerships and encourage national interest and ownership in protection of children
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of STEER technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Compile concise quantitative and qualitative reports, case studies, Success stories etc. on a monthly, and quarterly basis and submit to Social Work Advisor for documentation
- Represent STEER in States level meetings.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Schedule, coordinate, and participate in program trainings and meetings as required.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies; security procedures and other staff policies.
- Work with partners to improve quality of ability to monitor protection needs, gaps and interventions in and around child protection issues.
Skills & Experience
- A degree or equivalent work experience in the field of Social Work, Education or Development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Social Work interventions
- Experience working with an international NGO a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Experience working across multiple sub agreements and partners; ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic multi-disciplinary project.
- Interest in development issues
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects in a team setting with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required, and working knowledge of Yoruba language.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria Social Work Practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 28th March, 2017.