Wakanow is Africa’s leading, full-service online travel company. At Wakanow, we understand that everyone likes easy and affordable travel services, so we provide our customers with a one-stop booking portal for Flights, Hotels, Visa Assistance, Holiday Packages, Airport Transfers, an international Travel SIM, a Prepaid Travel Card, a Loyalty program, and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Program Management
Job ID: WKN/16/JB
- The role is to oversee the effective delivery of all IT software development within the organization such that cost, quality, plan, time, and benefits realization are controlled and achieved, through ensuring that all IT software development assignments adhere to the best practices and standard approaches for project management.
- Effectively communicate software development expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and manage assignment dependencies.
- Proactively manage changes in software development scope, ensure that any change to scope is documented and approved.
- Identify potential crises, devise contingency plans.
- Adhere to operational procedures to ensure that the department runs smoothly.
- Effectively allocate available resources and determine if additional resources will be required.
- Manage financials: forecast vs. actual.
- Develop tools and best practices for software development assignment management
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and contractors. Influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned responsibilities. Take corrective action.
- Manage team members and delegate tasks.
- Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting; Financial Management; Change Management across the project portfolio.
- Define and embed project control and governance.
- Ensure the appropriate programme benefits are identified, quantified and their realisation planned.
- Ensure cross-programme dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
- Establish frameworks and standards for Programme and Project Management.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects (software development assignments).
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete for all software development assignments.
- Manage and compile Programme related financial and KPI information.
- Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the Programme.
- Ensure overall cost control by monitoring all areas of Project expenditure and reporting on performance against variations.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or any related discipline.
- Relevant postgraduate and or professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years in hands-on experience performing similar responsibilities
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience leading and overseeing teams
- Certification in Project Management
- Strategy Management, Leadership, Scrum, Commercial Awareness, Client Management, Project Management, Market Analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2017.