The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Field Officer (MHPSS)
Duration: 6 Months Contract
- Responsible for the assessment, proposal writing, plan and implementation of MHPSS-Help the Helpers project for the six months
- Conduct a detailed assessment of need and resources and coordinate the implementation of assessment recommendations as defined in the MHPSS-Help the Helpers project document.
- Identify and train focal points to implement relevant activities on the Help the Helpers project for Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) staff and volunteers
- Identify referral pathways for clients in need of specialist psychological, mental health, medical and other humanitarian needs.
- Identify gaps in competencies and training needs for NRCS Focal Points, ICRC staff and external actors
- Ensure that all MHPSS-Help the Helpers activities are carried out under adequate and appropriate supervision to maintain the quality of the programme.
- Submit written and statistical reports in a timely fashion to the Mental Health Delegate, as required, to fulfil the responsibilities of the programme for the delegation, including Field Trip Reports, Monthly Statistical Reports and Quarterly Technical Reports
- University degree in Psychology.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in clinical and/or community mental health and psychosocial programs
- Experience working with the psychological effects of war political violence or other traumatic events highly desirable.
- Able to use Microsoft office efficiently
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural assigned environment
- Flexibility to travel to all ICRC-subsites in the north and southern part of the country.
- Group facilitation skills, training and supervision experience.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, fluency in Kanuri and Hausa an asset
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “MHPSS Field Officer Abuja (6 month)” as the subject of your application.
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2017.