Shape Empowerment Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Organization, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: School Bus Driver
Location: Lekki Peninsula/Ajah Axis, Lagos
- We are looking for an experienced School Bus Driver for our 78 Seater Bus.
- Picks up students at specified bus stops.
- Ensures that all students are safely and properly seated on the bus.
- Enforces school bus rules and regulations.
- Reports any disciplinary problems to school principal or dean.
- Inspects tire pressures, oil levels, windshield wipers, mirrors, and other details for any problems.
- Brings school bus to mechanic for maintenance as needed.
- Fills bus fuel tank at gas station.
- Ensures that interior and exterior of bus remain clean.
- Observes rules of the road and drives with caution.
- Drops students off at school.
- Makes sure all students enter and exit the bus safely.
- Transports student groups to extracurricular activities.
- Makes sure all students are well behaved while on the bus.
- Provides emergency assistance and aid to students in distress.
- Female or Male
- Born Again Christian
- Commercial Driver’s License (and any other Lagos license for drivers) is required.
- Ordinary/National Diploma
- First aid training and certification required.
- First aid training and certification will be added advantage.
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of all rules of the road.
- Possesses knowledge of the layout of the local area including alternate routes to school and activities.
- Possesses a strong sense of direction.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret maps.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with students and administrators.
- Demonstrates ability to observe a strict schedule to ensure timely pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Possesses knowledge of basic first aid procedures.
- Is capable of acting quickly and calmly in a crisis.
- Demonstrates quick response time.
- Exhibits cautious and responsible driving habits.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Possesses excellent vision
- Demonstrates ability to remain focused and attentive at all times.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates forward send their applications/CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 29th March, 2017.