Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Purchaser Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the direct supervision of: Procurement Officer
- The Purchaser is responsible to process purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Follow-up on order processing to ensure timely deliveries are done;
- Do quality/quantity control for all supplies ordered and delivered;
- Verify and process quote requests;
- Compose and archive purchase folders;
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures;
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery;
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored.
- Facilitate proper tracking of all supplies received and ensure related documents (delivery notes, waybills) are properly filed and copies forwarded to the Procurement Officer.
- Update price lists and vendor databases;
- Control Premiere Urgence Internationale purchase procedures;
- Ensure a safe first delivery of goods.
- Ensure the overall supervision of stocks.
- Ensure a proper management of stocks.
- Ensure tasks related to the transport of goods, equipment, materials and other supplies to a second location.
Any Other Logistic Affairs:
- Perform tasks related to other logistic matter of the Office.
Required Skills (Mandatory Requirements)
- Fluent in local languages – Hausa and Kanuri.
- Acceptable knowledge of English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Good knowledge of Ms. Office package especially Ms. Word and Ms. Excel.
- Previous experience in supply chain management
- Procurement, Negotiation, Communication
- Time management
Other Required Skills:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Good communication skills
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the under-listed documents to: email@example.com
- Updated CV,
- Letter of motivation,
- Copy of work certificates,
- Copy of relevant certificates
- Reference contacts.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the e-mail subject.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only
Application Deadline 7th April, 2017.