Sterling Asset Management & Trustees Limited is an end to end asset managers and trust services providers with presence in three locations which cut across Lagos, Port-Hacout and Abuja. Sterling Asset is a customer centric financial service firm and our goal is to exceed clients’ expectation whilst adding value to our employees who helps in achieving this objective.
We are recruiting for the vacant role in our Lagos office:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit, Risk & Control
Employment type: Permanent contract
Hours: 0 – 20
Summary of Job Description
- The Head, Internal audit, risk and control will ensure that the Group’s Internal Audit and regulatory policies are being complied with and ensure the effective and efficiency of operations, safeguard of both physical and logical assets while complying with policies, applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing an annual assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s processes for controlling its activities, managing its risks and ensuring good governance;
- Evaluating and contributing to the improvement of the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes by applying a systematic and disciplined audit approach. This is reinforced through a continuous quality and improvement programme;
- Embed a change management Risk and Compliance culture within SAMTL through implementing of effective training, development and communication programmes.
- Develop and improve all internal and external stakeholders’ relationships to ensure effective business collaboration and delivery on the approved Risk and Compliance management strategy through an embedded enterprise-wide risk and compliance management culture.
- Perform Risk and Compliance operational activities within the organization to minimize risk through adherence to policies, procedures, and guidelines and in accordance with business and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and oversee remedial Risk and Compliance action plans (risk mitigation steps) across the organization supported by appropriate reporting requirements as defined from time to time.
- Reporting significant issues related to the risk management, control and governance processes of entities within the company. This includes the provision of potential improvements to those processes and information concerning the resolution of such issues;
- Periodically providing information on the status and results of the annual audit plan and the sufficiency of Internal Audit resources;
- Co-ordinating with and providing oversight of other control and monitoring functions within the company (including, but not limited to risk management, compliance and control).
- Develop, lead, oversee and guide the implementation of the strategy in SAMTL with respect to Enterprise Risk Management; Operational Risk Management; Compliance Risk Management; and Forensic Services collectively referred to as Risk and Compliance management.
- Develop and resource a skilled team based on the business requirements, enabling the delivery of the strategy in respect of Risk and Compliance management.
- Develop operational plans for Risk and Compliance management services that support and implement the approved strategy.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Accounting from a reputable University.
- M.Sc/MBA in Accounting, Finance, and Forensic Audit is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years post NYSC experience in Internal Audit, Risk & Control in a financial service industry; preferably in an Asset Management Company/Investment Bank.
- Applicant must possess relevant professional qualifications in ACA, ACCA, CFA, CFE and CIA.
Skills & Competencies:
- Great Attention to details
- High administration & organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strength in sustaining independent views
- Excellent Analytical skills
- High level strategic thinking capabilities
- Good sense of judgement
- Industry Standard.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th April, 2017.