The Abraaj Group is a global institution investing in select markets across Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Turkey. We currently manage c. US$ 10 billion across targeted private equity strategies. By combining deep local reach, a global platform and underwriting standards, with extensive operating capabilities, we generate industry leading returns and create value in market-leading companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller/Manager
Financial Controller / Manager – Private Hospital:
Group Reporting & Budgeting:
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of consolidated financial statements of the business unit.
- Monthly reporting of consolidated financials and operational KPIs of the business unit.
- Financial analysis including revenue management/projection, audit, return on investment modelling, cost benefit and risk analysis, budgeting (revenue/manpower/project/CAPEX), general quantitative analysis and statistics.
- Consulting internal stakeholders (Revenue Cycle Management, Patient Services, Physicians, Nurses, Department Heads etc) and external clients (Suppliers, Insurers etc.) taking improvement actions where appropriate.
- Prepare and manage the annual operating budget, periodic financial forecasts, and cash flows. To this end, Finance Department will train and support every department in the development of their annual budget proposal, as well as keep them regularly updated with monthly and quarterly budget execution reports, and facilitating professional advice to maximize operational efficiency.
- Ensuring efficient financial operations in terms of patient billing, credit bill dispatch, credit collection, cancelled services and insurance dis-allowance; a requirement for this will be seamless coordination with Revenue Cycle Management Department and with other areas in Operations.
- Achieving measurable success with Dispatch/Debtor/Dis-allowance Days, Overhead Containment, OPD/IPD/OT Utilization, Patient Volumes processed, staff retention and patient satisfaction.
- Coordinate with AGHF CFO in financing the capital needs of the division in a timely manner either through equity draw-downs or bank lending.
- Work closely with Managing Director and Procurement Head to extract procurement synergies.
Support in the Business Unit and Platform’s M&A and Growth Activities:
- Before making an acquisition, support the financial due diligence process when considering acquisitions of new businesses.
- Upon completion of an acquisition, lead the hiring process of Financial teams.
- Once an acquisition is made, oversee and ensure full financial reporting integration as part of the 100 Day Plan.
- Establish and maintain a system to monitor quality of service and internal user satisfaction with every request for support from the Finance Department, as well as satisfaction with the quality of their regular reporting and support responsibilities.
Oversee Finance Department:
- Oversee and ensure the consistency of the financial operations and reporting practice.
- Ensure the implementation of the best-in-class financial reporting and control practices.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS), preferably in Accounting.
- Professional qualified ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years of financial reporting or auditing experience in a similar role.
- Operation experience in multi-geography business preferred.
- Prior work experience in Africa essential, international work experience highly advantageous.
- Prior experience in healthcare sector is a plus.
- English fluency is a must.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply