Jobs in a Leading Nigerian Construction Company in Lagos
Job Title: Project Manager
Function: Operational Role
Industry: Construction Industry
- As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing projects, and ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget and to the customer’s expectations.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Candidate must hold B.Sc/HND in Civil Engineering or Building Technology or Quantity surveying or its equivalent
- 3 – 5 years post-graduation experience.
- Membership of relevant professional body and post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Proficient in project management software
- Our client, a leading construction company requires the services of a Civil Engineer with good knowledge of auto-cad Design.
- Applicants must be holders of a Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) or its equivalent in Engineering or related discipline.
- Must be a qualified member of COREN with 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar industries.
- Candidate must be computer literate and be able to use any engineering package which must include Microsoft.
- Knowledge of AUTO CAD design.
- Must have done NYSC.
- Proficiency in construction contract administration.
- Must possess good knowledge and skills in costing and estimation.
- Knowledge of a Quantity Surveying software.
- Experience in carrying out projects with accuracy and speed in measurement of Building and Civil Engineering work.
- Know how in the management of subcontractors and direct labour.
Qualification & Experience:
- HND/B.Sc in Quantity Surveying or related course.
- Member of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV).
- 3 – 5 year’s post qualification working experience.
Industry: Construction industry
- As a Site Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that a construction project is completed on time within budget and, also overseeing activities at the site
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project (or a package), ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs
- Liaising with the client, other construction professionals and, sometimes, members of the public
- Coordinating and supervising construction workers
- Selecting tools and materials
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up
- Assessing and minimizing risk
- Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork
- Helping to negotiating contracts and securing permits and licenses
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision-making ability
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate others
- Team working skills
- Good knowledge of building methods and regulations
- Professional certificate is also additional advantage.
- B.Sc and HND in Construction and project management or Civil Engineering coupled with cognate experience as a Site manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply