SABMiller Plc Job for a Maintenance Manager
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Reference Number: SAB-233
Location: Ilesa, Osun
- An opportunity exists at International Breweries Plc, Ilesa for an experienced Maintenance Manager, reporting to the Plant Manager.
- The successful incumbent will co-ordinate, coach and control the activities of the level one maintenance teams in the production environment and to provide specialist technical advice to ensure maximum equipment availability.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with Safety standards and guidelines and drive a safety culture to ensure safety in the work environment.
- Maintenance Pillar Owner for the Plant.
- Use effective Loss and Waste analysis to identify gaps in the Plant Maintenance system vs VPO. Drive actions to close the gaps.
- Achieve VA and VIC commitments for the Plant and Department.
- Manage Engineering Stores, Site Maintenance, Condition Monitoring, Control and Automation infrastructure.
- Attend the Plant’s routine meetings according to the MCRS and TOR’s.
- Interface with appropriate local government authorities to ensure compliance to statutory policies and regulations for pressure vessels.
- Plan and execute the actions required to comply with the applicable, local, state and municipality laws.
- Ensure and assure suitable training capability exists (material and facilitators) suitable to cover Maintenance training needs.
- Ensure a 3 year plan exists for Maintenance and replacement of C&A infrastructure due to obsolescence.
- Ensure a 3 year plan exists for Maintenance and replacement of Plant Equipment across Sites.
- Lead, coach and train team members.
- Ensure continuous improvement in engagement of people in the Plant.
- Manage 5S inside the department.
- Co-ordinate and assure Tracking and Monitoring Maintenance information to the Zone is correct and timeously submitted.
- Monthly review of VPO gap closure and score. Quarterly review of VPO managed. Monthly and quarterly updates sent to the Zone.
- Organize, implement and execute VPO in Area.
- Manage the Plant and Department indicators to achieve target.
- Achieve ZBB commitments for Department and ZBB Maintenance for Plant.
- Lead the ZBB Maintenance Budgeting process for the Plant.
- Manage Engineering Stores inventory to optimize Working Capital.
- Identify and develop VA initiatives for future VA commitments and drive and monitor current year committed VA initiatives.
- Raise the training and development needs of your team and ensure their execution.
- Manager the apprentice development program for the Plant.
- Ensure targeted GOPS compliance % is achieved.
- Manage capex project portfolio and execution of projects vs. plan for the Plant.
- Ensure the correct scoping of Plant Capex Projects for the Plant.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- B Sc./HND in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering and/or additional business qualifications.
- Minimum of Five (5) years experience Maintenance Manager /Engineer preferably in a brewery/FMCG environment.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Good understanding of process control within a brewing environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing way principles
- Proven leadership ability
- Assertive and Analytical thinking
- Proactive, independent and high on initiative
- Good understanding of Asset Care principles and practices
- Knowledge of Performance Management, Human Resource Development and Competence Acquisition process
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply