Stock / Freight Manager Job at Solidarites International
Job Title: Stock / Freight Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Stock and Freight Manager supervises the arrival, storage and shipping of food or non-food items, goods, tools and materials used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International and stored in the partner warehouse:
- He/she is in charge of issuing and monitoring all of the administrative documents linked to the stored goods.
- The Stock and Freight Manager is responsible for the shipping and transportation of goods.
- He/she optimizes the transportation to bases, monitor the security and inform about delivery.
- He/she offers technical and organizational solutions for the optimization of freight and the reduction of running costs.
List of Principal Activities
- Storage and stocked materials
- Monitor the warehouse’s interior and exterior installations and infrastructures. Good storage condition
- Spot damage and alert the line manager.
- Warehouse management
- Organize the stock request (in/out) and link with the warehouse partner according to partner’s standards.
- Participate to each loading/unloading of cargo at the warehouse.
- Fill in the shipping or delivery documents in compliance with Solidarités International’s standards
- Ensure good coordination with the procurement manager to organize reception of cargo.
- Verify product quality on delivery. Set aside any non-compliant or infested products and report them to the line Manager
- Regularly check product quality during storage.
- Transporters follow up
- Organize and provide feedbacks on cargo schedule
- Ensure proper cargo loading and transport documents (waybill, order mission, military clearance …)
- Link with partner warehouse for cargo movement
- Request and Collect security clearance from appropriate office for cargos organized by SI
- Participate to transporters identification, help in costs and contracts negotiations for truck rentals
- Monitor trucks good conditions, equipment (tools, fire extinguisher, …)
- Ensure the administrative documents for all trucks are available, filed and monitore
- Collect all freight request forms from bases and organize the cargo movement.
- Ensure follow up of the SI cargo movement. Report all incidents to the line manager
- Confirm the road security authorizing a movement
- Prepare inventory reports and forward them to the line supervisor
- Keep the stock forms updated (soft and hard copies)
- Take a monthly inventory of stored goods and materials and reconcile it with the theoretical inventory
Organisational Chart Position
- Line Manager: Deputy Logistics Coordinator
- Functional Manager:
- Functional Report:
- Line Manager of:
- Functional Link with: log base, head of base, logistic coordinator, procurement manager
- Training: Academic degree such as Bachelor in Logistics, Transport, Storage or equivalent
- Professional experience: stock and fleet management, in transportation. experience with NGO is a plus,
- Personal qualities: dynamic, organized, methodical, team spirit, managerial skills, meticulous.
- Languages: English, Kanuri, Haussa is a plus
- IT skills: microsoft software practise (word, Excel)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of Diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of Diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) for the attention of “Mushahid Ibne RAIHAN BABU, Logistic Coordinator” at the address below:
Solidarites International Office,
8 Manassa Street,
Behind Polo ground,
Note: Title of the related position must be written in the envelope or in the email subject.