Intern – Online News Reporter Job at Poshbase Limited
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern – Online News Reporter (Graduate Creative Writer)
- We are looking to hire Interns – Online News Reporters (Graduate Creative Writer) to write and produce various projects, News/Non-News Blogs regularly/daily, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads across multiple channels online/offline.
- This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, project management and business development skills.
S/he is required to do the following:
- Sources for breaking news and update current news events and items
- Develop original content for News/Non-News reports/stories.
- Develop original content for fiction, nonfiction, and short stories.
- Use the written words to express story lines and ideas.
- Write content for Poshbase.com, trade journals, newsletters, forum and blogs.
- Produce content for broadcasts, motion pictures, and other types of performance.
- Develop scripted material for the Web and other communication devices.
- Conduct extensive research on various topics.
- Write outlines and rough drafts.
- Appropriately source and cite resources.
- Edit content for correct spelling and grammar.
- Work with editors to revise and rewrite sections.
- Conduct research and perform extensive fact-checking to obtain factual information
- Research and write articles in a conversational style, which engages readers
- Maintain blogs to keep in touch with fans and readers.
- Conduct Interviews with Entrepreneurs, /Business Owners /Politicians & others in a range of different circumstances.
- To write simply with conversational style
- Build relevant industry contacts to maintain the continues the flow of news, for example, police and emergency services, local council, community groups, health trusts, press officers from a variety of organizations, the general public, etc.;
- Attend press conferences and ask question (lots of questions);
- Attend a range of events, such football matches, musical shows, talent contests, etc.;
- Work closely with all the other personnel such as the news team, photographers and editors (etc.);
- B.Sc from a reputable University preferably on Arts & Humanities.
- Flair & Passion for journalism, writing, PR, communications, and social media activities.
- Extremely Strong Writing and Editing Skills (Journalism or English Major a plus).
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Must have completed NYSC (or soon to complete NYSC), and not more than 26 years old
- 0 – 2 years experience
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Devices – laptops, etc.)
- Please note that the successful candidate(s) is/are required to work with his/her mobile devices (laptops, phones, and/or tablets); we will not provide the successful candidate(s) with any mobile devices.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org