Senior Manager, Agile & Demand Management at MTN Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Agile & Demand Management
Division: Information Systems
Core Purpose of the Job
- Provide governance and management of the demand pipeline and act as primary partner for the business functions to capture, structure, align and plan business demand and match this demand with the IT supply functions’ capacity.
- Developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Participate in the review of Business Processes to drive efficiency gains.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Review business plans for MTN Nigeria and manpower imperatives for the organization and determine the organisation’s manning requirements/ manning levels and ensure efficient allocation of manpower for organization effectiveness.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Manage the relationship with the business units with respect to their new requirements Manage a group of demand managers and subject matter experts working with the business units regarding their IT demand and IT deliveries.
- Develop, define and implement the overall IT demand management structure & processes in agreement with the CIO and IS management
- Develop a communication and governance structure in line with Capital Expenditure Committee processes which takes care of the business units needs and aligns demand with existing capacity
- Set Budget and Resource requirements and influence Head of Technology Services and COO to make effective decisions.
- Manage workload and assignments of a team of demand managers.
- To initiate, participate and contribute to any ongoing business activity which will create substantial IT demand.
- Initiate and execute intra departmental communication and improvement activities to ensure maximum alignment of the IT with business priorities and facilitate demand capturing.
- Attend all relevant Business and decision making forums which deal with future IT demand and new requirements.
- Build an overall demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as in an ongoing basis
- Develop and maintain a project and enhancement roadmap aligned with business priority, IT capacity, technical dependencies and ongoing project portfolio.
- Capture new demand and ensure structured and high quality of demand’s scope and specification in order to have a consistent basis for estimation and scheduling of the implementation.
- Liaise with the business units to shape and implement the demand management processes as well as the regular liaison / relationship management interactions.
- Prepare and maintain a project portfolio view for upcoming projects with IT expenditure to facilitate a Capital Expenditure Committee decision basis.
- Prepare and maintain a System Enhancement Request Portfolio view and facilitate prioritization and scheduling decisions for System Enhancement requests in order to ensure optimal usage of the IT capacity.
- Develop KPIs for Demand Management
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all IT demand related issues to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop KPIs for Demand Management as well as dashboards and regular reports to create transparency and tracking of change requests and projects.
- Creates information packs for senior management in GBS and other business units to create transparency over the demand pipeline, the status of current in-flight projects as well as day-to-day operations performance metrics of IT.
- Facilitate alignment meetings with business units on several levels up to the Management Executive Committee
- Create transparency about upcoming business initiatives, the current demand pipeline, the current IT change execution performance, capacity situation.
- Create transparency on the current IT Demand Delivery status via operational KPIs, monthly reviews and other metrics.
- Act as Scrum master initially for 1-2 scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work. Eventually the teams will expand in number as we grow our Demand pipeline
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed.
- Ensure cross-scrum team coordination.
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal, including those outside IS
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Coach and mentor other scrum masters in our product team, and ensure that our ways of working are consistent across the teams.
- Liaise between the developers and User Experience/Visual Designers. Foster better communication between the disciplines.
- Take responsibility for managing dependencies between our team and third parties or between our team and other scrum teams.
- Strengthen the presence of our team as an Agile Centre of Excellence. Actively contribute to the company’s Agile and Lean methodology.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Identify training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programmes for the team to address knowledge gaps and enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First degree in any discipline preferably Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- 10 years’ work experience covering Agile and Demand Management within a Medium to Large Telco or Multi-Media organisation
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 2 years in relevant sector/ industry across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Ideally qualified in ITIL and in a project management methodology
- Project management experience
- Experience in release management and ideally some exposure to IT operations management and good knowledge of IT governance processes.
- Experience with Scrum, creative design, Agile methodologies as well as enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Must have a well-rounded user-centered product portfolio that spans retail banking, e-commerce and telecoms
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping and analytics
- Knowledge of Lead and Agile software development processes and 3 years minimum experience playing the Agile Coach and Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory across distributed teams and stakeholder groups.
- Experienced in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment
- Experienced burndown techniques, burn chart analysis, and other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD. Excellent communication and coaching skills.Experience in working with both Agile/RAD methodologies and SSADM or equivalent waterfall methodologies.
- People / stakeholder management skills
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- May be required to work extended hours
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Multiple applications are not allowed.