Tax Manager Vacancy at Jumia
Job Title: Tax Manager
Job Type: Full-time
- As Tax Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of tax accounting and will be one of the key support role for the Accounting function alongside the Head of AP, AR and Inventory accounting.
- Completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support in a timely manner
- Audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities
- Negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies
- Advise management on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities
- Accounting for income taxes and creation of efficient tax data collection systems
- Transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Assist CFO with tax planning issues and in estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes.
- Identify tax savings/optimization strategies
Qualification & Experience
- Min 6 years of tax experience in public accounting firm and/ or MNC; 2-3 years of experience in accounting and finance.
- Good knowledge of local GAAP & IFRS.
- Experience with or curiosity for IT systems and ERP systems. E-commerce is 50% IT, so you must not be afraid of systems, Navision experience is a plus
- Strong working experience in local taxation.
- Superior negotiating skills towards tax authorities and within the own organization
- B.Sc. Accounting or other Social Science related course
- Professional Qualification such as ACA, ACCA or ACTI is required
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply