WHO Vacancy for a Donor Relations Officer in Abuja
Job Title: Resource Mobilization & Donor Relations Officer
Job ID: 1701907
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 6 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- To support the Country Office to deepen and broaden its donor base and enhance relations with existing donors
- To identify and follow up on potential partnership opportunities with donors, UN agencies, national and international NGOs
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of the Resource Mobilization and Partnership Team Leader, the incumbent will:
- Develop and maintain effective relations with assigned locally-based donors to create a better understanding of WHO’s work and seek funding from governmental and non-governmental sources;
- Liaise with the relevant staff in WHO Nigeria to ensure quality control and timely submission of project proposals and narrative reports;
- Draft briefing note/documents for the Front Office and the Head of Unit upon request. Attend donor and NGO meetings and events when requested; carry out field visits to WHO projects when required;
- Coordinate with the Communications Officer and other relevant staff to organize donor field visits and ensure media coverage and recognition of contributions;
- Conduct donor mapping and maintain up to date donor profile database
- Update donor files (soft and hard copies).
- Develop funding proposals and draft reports for submission to donors;
- Draft donor correspondence relating to the submission of projects/reports, reprogramming and extensions, etc;
- Liaise with headquarters to check donor requirements, obtain clearances from the various departments, exchange information on donor engagement, requests/projects status etc;
- Essential: Bachelors Degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies or related area
- Desirable: Masters Degree in the above mentioned subject areas
- Essential: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization and partnerships development.
- Experience with the UN, national government or Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), or other relevant organization.
- Experience in humanitarian operations within or associated with the system is desirable.
- Experience in liaising with government agencies, UN funds and programmes, donors and other stakeholders.
- Experience working on EU funded projects
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Fluency in written and spoken English
Specific Skills Required:
- Knowledge of institutional donor policies and procedures
- Experience in proposal and report writing
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
- Professionalism: Knowledge of principles of resource mobilization and partnerships development, strong conceptual and analytical skills, and demonstrated problem solving abilities required
- Interpersonal skills: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deal constructively with conflicts.
- Ensuring effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with the organization’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
- Producing Results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Communication: Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others; actively listens. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply