IT Support Officer Job at The Blowfish Hotel
Blowfish Group Limited – The Blowfish Hotel introduces the world to you. A showcase of forward-thinking and bold design. One of the decidedly-modern hotels in Lagos. Though deceptively minimal, the interior is anything but cheap as quality seeps from every detail.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
- Maintain and monitor computer programs and systems, including the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Provide staff and users with assistance in solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Setup emails on outlook and phone and resolving mail issues
- Integrate the computer systems within the company to increase compatibility and sharing of information.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software and other devices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PCs and printing issues
- Provide ERP support
- Experience of application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident
- Good understanding of how to quickly resolve computer issues.
- Diagnose and repair Desktops and laptops.
- Should have the ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating action to resolve operational issues.
- Be able to setting up and monitoring a LAN/WLAN.
- Strong experience of resolving users connectivity issues
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field is desirable although relevant experience is equally valuable.
- Should have minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively multitask
- Must be willing to work at odd hours if work warrants
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be ready to work in a challenging dynamic environment full of prospect and has a datacenter
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Candidate with Hotel IT business process background is preferred, Strong technical IT skills is acceptable.
- Hands on experience of Cisco switches, Captive Portal and Cyberoam is a plus.
- Hands on experience of Racks, cabling system and CCTV
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange and Sharepoint
- Experience working with Micros and Opera PMS would give an edge
- Server Administration working knowledge
- Experience with firewall, IPS and IDS
- Database (MS SQL and Oracle) administration would definitely be a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics, Navision would be an added advantage but not mandatory
- Experience of virtualization technologies and fibers
- Experience of systems/software development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly Skilled at problem solving, communication with stakeholders at all levels and extensive interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, sufficient to build and maintain organizational support.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Cloud.
How to Apply
Interested and qualifiied candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org