WHO recruitment for a Zonal Logistics Assistant
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Zonal Logistics Assistant
Job ID: 1701903
Location: Port Harcourt
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to (a) the reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and (b) the strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals
- Coordinate and monitor timely repairs and preventive routine services of WHO vehicles, ensure availability of service parts within the zone keeping inventory of all vehicle spares and assessment of high quality workshop for the enhanced preventive maintenance of vehicles in the zone.
- Guide the country office on the most effective disposal mechanism for items slotted for obsolete.
- Identify and oversee generation of the renovation/construction scope of work, support vendors to draw bill of quantities and close supervision.
- As the focal person for facilities management and maintenance, oversee implementation of the shared office common services agreements with other agencies.
- Support staff training on operations related issues, Raise Travel Authorization request for staff members’ travel within zone. Monitor security situation, report security incidences and maintenance an updated record of the location, duty station, contact information for all staff in the zone, including those on leave
- Based on monthly itinerary, review monthly State transport plans, inspect hired vehicles and collate the zonal transport car hire request for WCO approval and funding.
- Monitor in GSM overtime for FT drivers and generate overtime payment for short term contract payment. Monitor drivers contracts identify the need for drivers hiring within the zone and support recruitment process of short term contract drivers based on the six month zone leave plan.
- Oversee and supervise the operations of zonal radio room and staff. Conduct quarterly physical verification of all capitalized and expensed assets with indicative reports on update and giving recommendations on need for replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma.
- A University Degree from a recognized institution in Business Administration management, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 8 years’ experience in WHO/IVE Logistics.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at zonal and country levels;Ability to arrange training for different cadres;Conversant with transport, facilities and fixed assets managementFully conversant in word-processing, spreadsheet, database and presentations.
- WHO Competencies
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 8,063,801 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply