British American Tobacco Job for a Local Leaf Supply Planner
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Local Leaf Supply Planner
Job Number: 16300BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Local Leaf Supply Planner to join our team in Ibadan.
The role holder will:
- Ensure availability of Leaf and Local wrapping materials required to meet approved stock duration’s and production for BAT WAA are achieved.
- Effectively manage total pipeline inventory to keep the cash flow within budget.
- Provide up to date management information on trends and events to enhance rapid decision making within planning function.
- To ensure that new products or material changes are effected with minimal Leaf & Local wrapping materials write off and delivered OTIF.
- Plan effectively for new materials and provide clear visibility of progress and deviations to management.
- Ensure that requisitions are processed for OTIF procurement of Leaf and WMS.
- Effectively implement the SLA with GLP (Global Leaf Pool) thereby ensuring that approved stock duration’s are maintained at all times.
- Develop adequate tracking for leaf from ordering to delivery in the warehouses.
- Maintain adequate relationship with Suppliers (GLP) and other stakeholders.
- Provide up to date management information on trends and events to enhance rapid decision making within leaf function.
- The job holder should be a graduate in Science related courses and at least 3 years experience gained in a supply chain planning manufacturing environment (Preferably FMCG Company)
- Essential knowledge of planning
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to make informed decisions with best information available.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to identify and solve problems.
- In depth understanding of inventory management principles and how other functions are related to it
- Good presentation skills.
- Working SAP System Knowledge – MM, PP & SD Modules
- Working understanding of MRP/ERP principle.
- Understanding of Factory constraints and complexities.
- Product Knowledge and New product introduction impact on materials planning
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply