IITA recruitment for a Graduate Secretary
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Secretary II
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout general office administrative duties
- Type reports, letter and other document which may be confidential in nature
- Carryout material procurement and track purchase orders as requested
- Request and maintain record of office stationeries supply
- Arrange travel through IITA travel authorization system
- Manage scientists schedules and assist with meetings and training logistics
- Receive visitors to units in a courteous manner
- Answer telephone and direct request to the right unit and staff
- Respond to e-mail requested as directed
- Handle incoming mail, collection, distribution as well as mailing as directed
- Carry out photocopying, scanning of documents
- Carry out data entry and organize data in hard and soft copies
- Organize and maintain archive for each scientist and his team
- Maintain records of casual contracts, payment disbursement and work schedule
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the scientist to whom support is being provided.
- BSc/HND in, Business Administration, Economics, Sciences, Social Science or other related field
- With at least three (3) years relevant experience.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Have excellence computer skills, Microsoft application.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates