Graduate recruitment at Tomato Jos
Tomato Jos is an African agricultural production company that believes in the power of farming and processing local food products for local consumption. Tomato Jos not only produces the best quality tomato products but we also leave a foot print in the lives of those we encounter every day. Our mission is to make tomato production a sustainable, profitable business for the farmers with whom we work.
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Scope of Role
- To manage and support logistics, including the office vehicle [fleet], assets, properties and an efficient procurement system to ensure transparency and accountability for Tomato Jos.
Under the direct supervision of the COO, the Logistics officer will carry out the following duties:-
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of Tomato Jos cargoes;
- Support logistics staff in other offices;
- Supervise staff as required;
- Understanding warehouse and inventory computer systems;
- Creating shipping/delivery routes and schedules;
- Tracking shipment progress;
- Manage drivers’ team;
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses;
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular reports;
- Monitor markets on vehicle rentals as per TJ’s security and safety standards;
- · Ensure that all staff are adequately trained, cross trained and identify any additional training needs to achieve high working standards;
- Co-ordinate and provide logistics support to ongoing operations in the area;
- Identify, mobilize resources, implement and report on special logistics operations;
- Ensure effective commodity management and quality control;
- Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning ;
- Co-ordinate logistics operations with other organisations in the area;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University degree in business administration, engineering, computer science, statistics or economics or equivalent professional/logistics experience.
- Work Experience:
At least three years` post-graduate, progressively responsible, practical commercial/professional experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors (port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, air operations, large scale road/rail transport and distribution management).
Excellent written and oral English.
- Other Desirable Skills:
Ability to plan and organise work, to be resourceful and use initiative.
- Should have mature judgement and be able to supervise staff.
- Should have good negotiating skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with clearing and forwarding agents and transporters.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment and to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others.
- High degree of accuracy and competency required together with the ability to work systematically and to communicate complex matters both orally and in writing.
Job Title: Extension Worker
Employee will work closely with office staff providing administrative support for the smallholder program and work closely with the smallholder farmers to increase their production. Employee will report directly to the VP of Farming.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in program coordination and carry out community development-related project activities;
- Developing an effective & efficient production system and community mobilization;
- Dissemination of new approaches and technologies;
- Community mobilization activities and program coordination efforts;
- Work with TJ affiliates and NGO’s on TJ’s behalf;
- Work with outgrower farmers to increase their productivity;
- Assist with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating;
- Coordinate smallholder team activities and schedules;
- Perform general data entry;
- Provide professional, administrative support to the members of the Senior Management Team as requested;
- Assist with accounts payable functions;
- Assist with accounts receivable functions;
- Assist in design and delivery of capacity building activities;
- Contribute to design and implementation of the project awareness campaign;
- Build capacity of the community members on village level and train community members in different skills;
- Conduct surveys, assessments, process information about cooperatives;
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity reports;
- Support and train new techniques and methods for farmers of the cooperative to enhance productivity;
- Assist in writing grants for smallholder program;
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the national values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Tomato Jos.
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Computer literacy especially MS Office, internet, etc.
- Ability to work with a wide cross-section of partners, including Government, donors, I/NGOs and community-based organizations.
- A team player and self-starter able to inspire and influence action.
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, resourceful and energetic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially with primary stakeholders.
- Extension Worker should be graduated from Agriculture Faculty.
- At least 3 years of experience in the area of agriculture extension
- Must be familiar with the operating area
- Should pay respect to custom and cultural behavior of residents of operating area
- Proven communications and reporting skill.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to Multi- task and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor, and willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their Resumes or CV’s and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org .Subject line should read “Logistics Officer” OR “Extension Worker” only.