Jobs at Legacy Hotel and Suites, Lagos
Legacy Hotel and Suites gives you the luxury of an international standard hotel with the freedom and space of home, by offering you the flexibility of choosing individual guestrooms or a complete fully fitted apartment, described as an urban oasis, offers unique style, spacious guestrooms and suites and especially gracious services that make it an ideal getaway spot for business and leisure travelers alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchase Manager
- As a purchasing manager one should work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
- Also to assist the Finance and Operational Departments in the monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased. (company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspect
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all order receiving dates are updated by the buyers according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- OND/HND/B.Sc in Business Studies or MBA in Purchasing and Supply.
- With good knowledge of MS office suite and Materials management software (MMS)
- Minimum of 4 years experience as Assistant Purchase Manager, 4 years with expertise in the Hotel and Catering industry.
Job Title: Financial Controller
- As an Accounting Manager he/she should provide the Owners, General Manager, and other management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data.
- Additionally responsible for managing the audit function in hotel to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Represents the finance department on the daily department heads meeting with the general manager.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
- Calculate and distribute wages and salaries.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors’ listings.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager’s approval.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary action forms and other pertinent personnel documents are filed appropriately and maintained in accordance with the company HR practices.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors.
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit.
- Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
- Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Charted Accountant or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Graduate in Accounting.
- 2 to 5 years demonstrated accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment and quality with a background that includes forecasting.
Job Title: Head Sales and Marketing
- To oversee and manage sales staff and reservation to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved.
Sales Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sell procedures.
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts.
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive program via direct mail, personal visits etc.
- Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
- Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centres, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or MBA.
- 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
Job Title: Housekeeping Manager
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, plans and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies.
- Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed.
- Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly.
- Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff.
- Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast.
- Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department. Recruit and train new employees.
- Assigns new employees to work with experienced help.
- Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items.
- Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
Responsibilities & Authority:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures Prepare reports for management information.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints. Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, or any relevant qualification.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience
- Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application deadline 11th August, 2017.