Senior Accountant at Andela Nigeria
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- To ensure timely preparation of monthly accounts, timely, complete and accurate recognition of expenses, timely payment of suppliers, statutory deductions and filing of statutory returns.
- You will report to the finance manager
- Manage the accounts payable function by ensuring timely posting of invoices and payment of suppliers
- Manage the accounts receivable process including billing and debt collection.
- Manage the treasury function by updating the weekly bank positions and payment plans and ensuring the bank accounts are adequately funded.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Posting all transactions to the general ledger including petty cash, bills, payments and month end journals.
- Assist in the month end close process by preparing schedules and reconciliations of all general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of intercompany transactions
- Assist in payroll preparation
- Assist during audits both internal and external
- Perform other duties as and when required by management.
- University degree plus ICAN/ACCA qualification
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Nigerian tax law
- Proficiency in ERP software
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ready to embrace start up pace with a good sense of humour
- Passion to help transform the world
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online