Mott MacDonald Jobs for Drivers
Mott MacDonald’s International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates within the international development sectors of Environment and Water, Education, Health and Social and Economic Development. Together we implement and manage projects and programmes in developing countries and emerging economies around the world. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to help improving lives of people in need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Ref No: 29621BR
Contract Type: Contract
Work Pattern: Full-Time
- Cambridge Education is an education services company of Mott MacDonald Group that provides expert education consultancy in partnerships with governments, donors, international development agencies and partners around the world, as they seek to enhance people’s skills and economic prospects.
- Cambridge Education Nigeria Limited (CENL) is managing the Teacher Development Programme (TDP) and Developing Effective Private Education, Nigeria (DEEPEN) on behalf of the UK Department for International Department (DFID).
- TDP aims to provide strategic technical assistant in 6 lead states on teachers’ improvement, ultimately improving student learning.
- DEEPEN is using the ‘making markets work for the poor’ approach to improve the policy environment and quality of private schooling in Lagos and beyond.
- Provide a courteous and efficient service to all internal /external customers, and is a valuable first point of contact for external customers visiting the state/country
- Perform daily vehicle checks and report maintenance needs promptly;
- Drive carefully and safely at all times in line with international driving standards, and checks to ensure that passengers, other road users and the vehicle in his care are safe;
- Ensure that approval for repairs is always obtained before taking the vehicle to the garage;
- Ensure adherence to transport policy on vehicle usage;
- Establishe good and considerate working relationships with all staff in the organisation, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities;
- Be available outside standard hours in case of emergency and during missions;
- Undertake missions work in provinces other than normal location with overnight allowance if necessary;
- Ensure that all vehicle reports are duly approved and prepared on a monthly basis; records of mileage, fuel and maintenance costs made available to supervisor on or before scheduled dates;
- Maintain assigned vehicle in a clean and roadworthy state at all times;
- Ensure compliance with local administrative procedures required in the event of an accident
- Be responsible for in-vehicle equipment
Essential competencies /skills:
- Valid category B driving license since at least 5 years
- Must be over 18years of age;
- Basic routine maintenance and vehicle handling skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in Nigeria and (Lagos state) in particular;
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required
- Demonstrable defensive driving skills (in town and on dirt roads);
- Good communication skills;
Required Academic / Professional Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Certified professional driving training (preferred);
- Fluent English & local language;
- Minimum of OND
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply