Latest Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reference Number: PD110717
Department: Motor Pool/Operations
Reports To: Fleet Officer/Head Driver Band
Job Field: Transportation and Driving
- Drivers will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CRS/Nigeria’s fleet is the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- He / She will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CRS staff, assets and other goods.
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Head driver each day
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel related forms
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly Maintenance report by the 5th of each month
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Head Driver immediately in accident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half a tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are clean always
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head of Facility & Protocol.
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of Abuja and Nigerian roads
- Minimum Four years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Ability to communicate in English Language is essential
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Strong leadership abilities
- Experience in supervising staff
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to generate VMS reports
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
- Fleet Officer, Head Driver, Head of Facility and Protocol, Head of Operations, Program staff, admin staff, finance staff.
- CRS Nigeria Partners and Visitors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” below, fill the form and send it along with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: email@example.com Candidates should state the position and advert code as the subject of their email e.g. Project Driver – PD110717.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.