Pact Nigeria Recruitment for Communications Consultants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Department Name: Program Advancement
- Pact, as a subcontractor to Tetra Tech ARD, is part of a consortium that includes the Palladium Group, Columbia University’s Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), PCI Media Impact (PCI) and currently supports the implementation of the West Africa Biodiversity and Climate Change (WA BiCC) program.
- The WA BiCC Program will run through May 2020 and has been designed to counter the threats that wildlife crime, climate change, environmental degradation, and biodiversity loss poses to human and natural systems in West Africa.
- WA BiCC supports partnering organizations to transition into more effective and efficient agents of fund management and project implementation. The Directorate of Environment of the Economic Community of West African States Environment (ECOWAS) and WA BiCC are collaborating to develop new or improve existing systems aimed at improving the overall performance of the structure in promoting environmental policies in the region but also in maintaining efficient coordination and communications among partners.
- To answer to these needs, WA BiCC and the ECOWAS Directorate of Environment are seeking the support of a consultant to develop a Communications Strategy covering the needs of the Directorate and more specifically the implementation of the environmental policy and strategies – including a section dedicated to the Climate Change Programme.
The Consultant must be an experienced Communications Specialist with the following requirements:
- Master’s Degree or a related graduate/Post-graduate Degree in Communications, Communications for Development (C4D), International Development, Journalism, Social Marketing or a field relevant to Media/Communications and Development;
- Strong experience in collaborating with regional institutions particularly on capacity strengthening and communication activities;
- Strong writing, facilitation, research and analytical skills;
- Ability to effectively coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of communication activity planning;
- At least 10 years of work experience with evidence of achievements in the areas of communication, advocacy, information and knowledge management, information technology and other related topics;
- Ability to work independently and produce timely and high quality results;
- Experience in designing and implementing communications strategies related to environmental policies and strategies and materials in a context of a climate change or natural resource management projects will be an asset;
- Experience using social media tools to advance publicity and advocacy campaign messages;
- Knowledge of USAID or ECOWAS rules and regulations;
- Candidates who are nationals of an ECOWAS member state will be preferred;
- Be fluent both in English and French.
- Experienced in Information Management and Information Sharing
- Knowledge of environment related issues will be an asset;
Documentation Required for Application
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 4 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
- All the information above should be in one file not exceeding 4 pages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply