Vacancies at Cummins Inc. for Accountants in Lagos
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job ID: 17000387
- Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial/operating reports, and/or budget.
- Performs complex duties related to preparation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management, and operates in a lead capacity in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
- Makes appropriate journal entries to general ledger.
- Compiles, consolidates, and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Conducts research and analysis on complex issues, and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on analysis.
- Leads monthly and annual reconciliations and close activities for assigned accounts.
- Coaches less experienced Accountants.
- College, University, or equivalent Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Environment is a requirement
- The ability to work accurately, meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of International financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and US GAAP is an advantage
- Computer literacy i.e., MS Word, MS Excel and experience on computerized accounting packages
- Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
- To be responsible for Cost Accounting and Cost Management with emphasis on adding value, providing superior decision support to the Financial Controller and business, accurate Financial reporting and ensuring the achievement of financial targets and objectives.
- Establish, interpret and implement accounting policies for Cummins West Africa Ltd. PGBU division
- Review compliance with company financial policies
- Enforce internal control processes
- Liaise and interaction with external audit/ Internal audit and any regulatory authority.
- General Accounting Support for Sales and Operational Teams
- Ensure Compliance Cummins Company Policies
- Prepare month end journals
- Perform daily interfaces between Oracle Giea and Core Systems
- Calculation of Product Cost and System Maintenance
- Assist in the monthly close for Cummins West Africa Ltd. PGBU division
- Lead the Standard Cost Roll Up Process and ensure compliance to Corporate Accounting Policies
- Assist with financial reporting and management accounts
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for Plant AP function such Invoice Matching, Clearing of Error Correction, and Supplier payments,
- Responsible for Customer invoicing
- Analyze and implement improvements accounting process continuously
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply