Vacancies at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Port Harcourt Sub-Delegation is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Networking Field Officer
Location: Port Harcourt
- Organises the operational network as a fully integrated part of the operations and the security management
- Ensures that ICRC is in dialogue with relevant stakeholders to foster the acceptance/perception of the ICRC as neutral, impartial and independent actor in situations of organized violence in the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- In collaboration with the other departments, help develop and implement the Sub-Delegations Community Based Protection strategy
- Conducts ICRC dissemination activities to audiences and interlocutors and thus contributes to the further positioning of the ICRC in the Area of Responsibility
- Contributes and advises on the security assessment and places measures for field activities across the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Exchange information and interact with other delegates and field officers in terms of networking, security, transnational connections, synergies and opportunities for the sake of the ICRC and its operations in the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Organises meetings with relevant interlocutors on behalf of the Head of Sub-Delegation.
- Conducts field trips to various areas to perform tasks of networking file
- University Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in similar field
- Extensive knowledge of the Niger Delta and the South-East and its complex dynamics
- Excellent command of English and Pidgin (or Niger Delta/South-East dialect)
- Excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge of the political, security and socio-cultural/religious dynamics of the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Advanced analytical skills, especially on political, security and social dynamics of the Niger Delta and the South-East.
- Extensive network and access to targeted actors of influence, in particular, the Other Weapon Bearers (OWBs) and Cult/gang groups
- Excellent understanding of security and security management
- Previous experience with a humanitarian organisation or NGO/CSO an asset
- Leadership Skills and good team spirit
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate, Autonomous
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Sensitivity and empathy to work with beneficiaries of the ICRC (victims of conflict/violence)
- Flexibility to work over time when needed
Job Title: Assistant Car Dispatcher
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Assist /ensures that drivers and cars are sufficiently available, and efficiently utilized for daily tasks and field trips
- Follows up accidents, breakdowns, complaints and other issues to Car dispatcher
- Participate and provide inputs on annual appraisal for car pool staff in Maiduguri
- Follows up disciplinary cases with the Vehicle Fleet Manager and HR unit in the absence of car dispatcher
- Registers and treats information (general and specific) accurately and with confidentially
- Assist /ensures the proper and effective attribution of field and town trips as well as duty service to drivers
- In coordination with car dispatcher regularly checks returning vehicles’ condition and inventory
- Assist and ensures regular check First Aid kits, tool kits and other essential accessories
- Reports events and changes in operational area that could have an impact on ICRC activities
- Secondary education
- 4 years work experience in a similar function
- Heavy vehicle Driving licence
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Masters 4/4 and VHF use
- Driving license for at least 5 years and succeeded in ICRC Driving test
- Basic mechanical skills
- Good sense of Security management
- Basic leadership skills
- Well organized and attention to details
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- Controls and ensures the use of genuine spare parts and professional working methods for all repairs.
- Establishes and maintain an accurate and Job card based maintenance history for all log/Fleet assets repairs.
- Fills in all accidents, services and repairs in technical logbook
- Stocks In liaison with ABJ workshop and prepares order for spares for six month consumption for Maiduguri fleet.
- Carries out routine works mainly independently
- Degree in mechanics or recognised technical training
- 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Succeeded in ICRC Driving test
- Electrical diagnosis and troubleshooting and a strong asset
- Flexible and motivated
- Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the Job title for example, “Networking Field Officer Port Harcourt” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Late application will not be considered.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2017.