Job at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) for a Product Manager
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager, Respiratory
Requisition ID: WD129931
Position: Full time
Job Description Summary
- Develop and implement strategic brands plan to achieve revenue, profit / market shares and life cycle objectives for brands in the Respiratory portfolio within Nigeria. To also provide an oversight functions for specific initiatives and other assigned responsibility.
- Cultivates the knowledge of key customers and competitors.
- Identifies brand growth opportunities. Interacts closely with sales force to make sure the understand and implement Product Marketing plan.
- Product/Brand Management: Responsible for the development/management of market penetration strategies for the pharmaceutical market.
- Deliver portfolio revenue for GSK Nigeria
- Responsible for A & P budget for assigned brands in the Portfolio.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction for brands in the portfolio.
- Matrix relationships with other internal stakeholders.
- Markets the organisation’s products.
- Designs, develops and implements communication programs to advertise the organisation’s products using media (TV, radio, print, direct mail, the Internet), events, and sales promotions.
- Develops and evaluates pricing strategies and structures.
- To successfully manage assigned products in own portfolio using multi-channel strategies
- Develop strategies and tactical plans for the sales team and ensure implementation
- To review brand strategy periodically, to exploit positive changes in environment or to effectively manage constraints to its implementation for the achievement of brand / portfolio objectives
- Design, develop and dispatch relevant brand promotional materials to the field force in a timely manner
- Build relationship with cross-functional teams of internal customers e.g. marketing research, medical, regulatory, demand management etc. to ensure an optimal mix of the key elements for the success of all brands in the portfolio.
- To launch new brands assigned to the portfolio to ensure future health of the company’s product portfolio
- Manage external agencies to ensure that appropriate, accurate and timely brand messages are communicated to the right target audience, using the most appropriate cost-effective medium
- Effectively manage medical, regulatory and marketing information on brands to achieve portfolio objectives in line with international medical marketing code and GSK global policy
- To generate necessary data required for market and brand building, and brand planning across life cycles.
- Ensure strict adherence to medical governance and quality management related issues
Marketing Services, Promotion and Coordination:
- Marketing services, Field force request and Promotional materials liaison contact.
- Promotional Materials vetting and proof reading to ensure alignment to local and global compliance
- Relationship marketing and partnership initiatives
- General Respiratory Portfolio related Initiatives/projects.
- Respiratory Portfolio data analysis and general reporting
- Conferences and Marketing Promotion services
- Bachelor’s Degree, major course of study in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ability to manage brands in an environment that has little or no reliable data for planning.
- Ability to effectively manage brands in an unstable social, political and economic climate.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve brand / portfolio objectives.
- Geographical scope: Nigeria
- Strategic marketing/brand management skills
- Product / technical knowledge, Data Analytic skills
- Coordination skills
- Independent thinking
- Ability to innovate and think outside the box
- Strong commercial and Financial acumen
- Communication / Presentation skills
- Computer literacy skills (Higher level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint Applications)
- Possess functional knowledge of productivity packages as Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply