Job at TRC Companies Inc. for a Cloud Architect I in Kano State
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Cloud Architect I
Tracking Code: 220777-992
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Cloud Architect is responsible for engineering AWS cloud-based infrastructure and operational tools, managing capacity and performance of infrastructure, and utilizing or developing automation tools to work with AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- They will be familiar with AWS standards and procedures as well as an understanding of system security best practice.
- This position has high creative latitude but also requires the ability to share knowledge with the team members and the larger AWS community.
- Ideal candidates will have 2 to 4 years experience managing AWS systems and 2 to 4 years utilizing configuration management tools to do system automation and management.
- Designing and building infrastructure to support our AWS-based Cloud services and infrastructure.
- Creating and utilizing tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
- Enhancing monitoring of systems, services and hardware to solve problems before they become problems for our customers.
- Analyzing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics in order to optimize software and system performance.
- Automating system build outs and the application deployment process.
- Working with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud.
- Providing analytics and forecasts for cloud capacity, troubleshooting analysis, and uptime.
- BS in Computer Science or corresponding experience preferred
- 2 – 4 years of cloud-based Operations background
- Experience with SQL and noSQL
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with automation and configuration management
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies, working in small teams, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management.
- Understanding of one or more programming languages such as Python (preferred).
- Experience with highly available distributed Linux server environments.
- Understanding of Linux core fundamentals, command-line operations, scripting, and service monitoring.
- Firm understanding of networking concepts and technologies.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply