Stanbic IBTC Bank Vacancy for a Wealth Manager
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wealth Manager
Job ID: 22006
Job Sector: Banking
- Wealth and Investment.
- The Wealth Manager’s role involves working with clients to help them make the right decisions with their accounts and explain the financial services on offer to them.
- The Wealth Manager is also expected to identify possible sales opportunities and generate new business for SIBTC.
- A Wealth Manager should be accountable for the below responsibilities;
- Exploring new business opportunities as well as expand opportunities with existing clients. Analyze and assess clients offshore and onshore banking and investment needs.
- Meet agreed team sales and income targets.
- Identify and manage business risks indicators for clients of Stanbic IBTC by ensuring that products and service offering are packaged and structured to minimize risk to protect the interest of both parties. Have a thorough understanding and comply with relevant legislation and procedures.
- Draw up customer plan detailing the clients’ financial summary, risk profile, investment objectives, personal interests including immediate family etc (see template on the unit’s Shared Drive)
- Prepare Clients status report
- Liaise with Banking Consultants to originate applications for facilities and forward to relevant approving units
- Generate weekly report on activities for week including plan for the following week
- Attend client functions to deepen personal relationships
- Invite clients and attend seminars and networking events within and outside the bank
- Periodic review of investment portfolio to ensure compliance with clients’ investment objectives and risk appetite
- Minimum of 5 scheduled visits per week to mine existing relationships, sign on new prospects, source revenue generating transactions or opportunities
- Prepare call memos within 48 Hours of client visits highlighting the salient discussions held and decisions reached. This must also include an action plan detailing the next steps to be taken