Job at Jumia Nigeria for a Team Lead, Bank Reconciliation
Jumia – We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car and Jumia Services.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Bank Reconciliation
- As Bank Reconciliation Team Lead, your responsibility would be to oversee and support all Bank Reconciliation in accordance with established policies and procedures, utilizing exceptional auditing and investigating identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Supervise the investigation and follow up of all outstanding items on bank reconciliation statements with responsible persons and team.
- Manage information flows to and from other areas of finance and the business to resolve reconciliation queries.
- Ensure proper back up of records of Reconciliation statement.
- Input in development of underlying processes, reports and systems to facilitate ongoing improvement in efficiency and quality of reconciliations processes.
- Lead, Support and allocate tasks among team members.
- Provide monthly summary of bank reconciliations for review by the finance manager.
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance.
- Any other task as assigned by Line Manager
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Navision, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated competences for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Excellent writing skills, and ability to explain technical accounting issues to subordinates and colleagues.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related fields
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional Accounting body e.g. ICAN, ACA, ACCA is a plus
- Operational experience in a related industry will be considered an asset (Technology, Financial Services, Banking)
- Previous experience working with an automated reconciliation tool will be an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Clcik here to apply