FHI 360 Vacancy for a Technical Officer
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation, Epidemic Control)
Job ID: 18892
- With the supervision of the Associate Director M&E, State Support ensures oversight on all Monitoring & evaluation needs, implementation & emerging issues within the scope of the epidemic control & NE special initiatives or interventions.
- The Technical Officer (M&E) will work with others in the Country Office/State offices and local implementing partners to ensure that monitoring and evaluation needs/implementation of epidemic control special initiatives or interventions activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- S/He will work with State teams to ensure all current & emerging EC initiatives such as PICF,SNT,PMTCT Option B+ Monitoring ,Index/Genealogy reporting are followed through to showcase best practices by consistently supporting the design, identifies and follows up gaps; review reporting process & demonstrate clear documentation of best practices as appropriate.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Contribute to the successful implementation of epidemic control & NE special initiatives or interventions across Scale up & Sustain plus LGAs. Working with the State support STOs M&E to supervising the current & emerging EC initiatives.
- Support State teams leads with technical guidance from the STO M&E to ensure that the quality of Epidemic control & NE Initiatives activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Work with the Epidemic Control Teams to document lessons learned and best practices in community ART monitoring and evaluation, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
- Support to improve the quality of data generated from the numerous Epidemic control initiatives
- Strengthen field operations and system for collation, generation & reporting of EC initiatives.
- Support state teams with deep dive analysis and use of data for EC initiative program improvement
- Support the reporting obligations from the field to the donor on Epidemic control initiatives
- Perform other M&E-related duties as assigned
- Work with the team to develop and implement cutting edge M&E innovations for Epidemic control at the States office
- MB.BS/MD or similar degree with 1-3 years relevant experience in project‐level or state/national‐level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3-5 year relevant experience in project‐level or state/national‐level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 5-7 years relevant experience in project‐level or state/national‐level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- The Technical Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply