Job Recruitment at UNICEF for WASH Consultants
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: WASH Consultant
Job Number: 506042
Work Type : Consultancy
Purpose of the Assignment
- The purpose of this consultancy is to support the Field Office to assist State and LGA partners in the implementation of sustainable WASH services to achieve planned results under the FGN-UNICEF WASH Programme.
- Provide technical assistance to the State Rural Water and Sanitation Agencies (RUWASSAs) in the implementation, monitoring and supervision of agreed annual work plans with greater focus on ensuring quality of interventions.
- Monitoring of construction of WASH Facilities in SHAWN beneficiary communities in the assigned State.
- Facilitating the Sanitation Marketing Initiative between RUWASA and the Private entrepreneurs
- Strengthen State level capacity for data management and reporting on WASHIMS and Community Data Sheet, CDS.
- Support the monthly Project Review Process and facilitate timely submission of statutory reports including: Capacity Building, Value for Money (VfM), Access to WASH, Funding Status, etc.
- Identify capacity gaps and provide technical support for capacity building at State and LGA levels.
- Strengthen State level capacity for activity planning, proposal writing and activity reporting.
- Support the state in the documentation of process, progress and best practices of the project in the State to support evidence-based advocacy and learning. This involves;
- Support the WASH Officer/Specialist in reporting and documentation by providing timely inputs to and ensuring that data/information provided is reliable and accurate.
- Providing data for production of documentaries
- Tracking WASH interventions in communities for reporting against Project indicators
- Conducting regular monitoring of Sanitation and Hygiene interventions in the state including end-use monitoring of WASH-related Supplies & WASHCOM activities.
- Support RUWASSA, SUBEB and SPHCDA in the implementation of WASH in institutions
- Developing human interest stories for finalization by the WASH Officer/Specialist.
- Initiate case studies around good practices in Project Communities of Zamfara state.
- Any other relevant assignment that the supervisor may give to help achieve the planned WASH results in Zamfara state.
- Detailed work plan for the implementation of the consultancy
- Monthly Work plan for implementation of WASH Activities
- Monthly reports of activities and progress Reports from the Field
- Final consultancy report of all activities carried out.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University Degree in Geology/Hydrogeology, Civil/Environmental Engineering; Water & Sanitation; and Public Health.
- Good communications and writing skills in English.
- Excellent presentation skills, both in terms of written and oral communication.
- Willingness to travel to rural and semi-urban areas of the country.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in programme planning, implementation and monitoring preferably in water and sanitation sector.
- Passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 1st August, 2017.