Job Vacancy at AXA Mansard for a Team Member, Tax Team
AXA Mansard is a member of the AXA Group, the worldwide leader in insurance and asset management with 157,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 59 countries. The group is a conglomerate of independently run businesses, operated according to the laws and regulations of many different countries. Despite being written in upper case, “AXA” is not an acronym, the name was chosen because it is short and can be pronounced easily the same way in every language. AXA Mansard was incorporated in 1989 as a private limited liability company and is registered as a composite company with the National Insurance Commission of Nigeria (NAICOM). The Company offers life and non-life insurance products and services to individuals and institutions across Nigeria whilst also offering asset/investment management services, medical insurance solutions and pension fund administration through its three subsidiaries AXA Mansard Health Limited, AXA Mansard Investments Limited and AXA Mansard Pensions limited. The company was listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange in November 2009 and has Market Capitalization in excess of N28 billion thereby remaining the biggest insurance company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Team Member, Tax Team
Job Type:Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reports To: Unit Head Tax & Treasury Team
Job Objectives: Assist/support Tax & Treasury Unit and tax consultants in handling taxation matters
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist/support Tax & Treasury team and tax consultants in handling taxation matters which includes; corporate tax, Value Added Tax, Withholding tax
- Prepare, organize and handle all tax documents, reports and statements
- Ensure compliance with company rules, policies and regulations
- Ensure compliance with tax professional standards and ethics within the tax functions
- Manage and update the tax database
- Monitor daily cash inflows and outflows across the AXA Mansard Group’s bank accounts to ensure optimal use and improve investment returns.
- Ensure funds are available to settle financial obligations such as OPEX, CAPEX, claims, technical expense etc.
- Monitoring of the Company’s portfolio structure with the aim of achieving asset allocation targets across portfolios and measuring performance of each portfolio in comparison to the portfolio budget
- Assist in matching asset and liabilities in line with regulatory guidelines in order to ensure assets are properly paired with liabilities of similar maturity profiles.
- Assist in facilitating all Risk Management & Operational Resilience (Business continuity, Crisis management & IT service continuity) policies
- Perform several clerical and secretarial duties such as type, print or copy documents and reports, answer telephone, make appointments and receive and send e-mails
- Perform other required tasks
Required Skills and Competencies
- First degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or related discipline and member of a professional body.
- 2 years in the provision of finance and accounting services
- Good knowledge of the IFRS and the Nigerian Tax environment
- High level of initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
In addition, prospective candidate should have:
- Good oral communication and professional writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com using this code TMTT170717 as the subject of your mail