Jobs at SC Johnson (SCJ) for Associate Managers
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate Manager – SHE
Job ID: 450
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
Functional Area: Health and Safety
- Responsible for the safety, environmental and IH including regulatory review, permitting, reporting, monitoring, compliance assistance and auditing.
- Lead in conjunction with plant management, a visible safety culture, safe and healthy working conditions, environmental excellence and sustainability objectives are achieved and maintained.
- As a result, there is a continued reduction and prevention of incidents meeting future targets, a sustainable SHE system, and continued improvement in corporate/Regional SHE metrics including zero losses.
- Reduce TIR following the site/region agreed glide path.
- Lead or co-lead implementation of a Behavioral Observation System program and other culture change initiatives.
- Provide SHE expertise to evaluate and support all contract manufacturers and co-branding licensees required per agreement or contract
- Obtain and comply with all facility required environmental permits. Lead / coordinate negotiations with regulatory agencies on permit conditions.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and country SHE regulations
- Review proposed SHE regulations and provide advance notification of pending changes to facilitate planning by affected operations. Support Global Public Affairs and Communications initiatives to revise proposed regulations if / as needed. Monitor other trends (e,g, NGO initiatives) that could affect company operations.
- Perform PMP reviews for each direct report.
- Align with Site Director/Manager and Regional SHE Manager on priorities, objectives, strategies and KPIs and cascade them into your direct report PMP..
- Provide SHE expertise in response to GIA (Global Internal Audit function) and other external audits and inspections
- Work with GPS and Hub leads to ensure implementation of SHE Management System is suitable, adequate and effective to promote continuous improvement in SHE performance. Achieve and maintain SHE program external certifications in alignment with site/region objectives
- Develop and manage SHE labor, expense and professional services budgets, including training programs to promote staff professional development
- Be a member of the Regional Hub Manufacturing Steering Committee, providing proactive input and adding value with regards to SHE
- Lead and/or manage the plant SHE pillar
Additional SHE Accountabilities:
- Embed safety mindset into the plant Lean pillars, co-partnering with other managers strengthen the safety culture and transform from management to employee-led safety programs.
- Stop all at-risk behaviors and conditions and empower employees to do so.
- Co-lead with function managers the integration and embedding of safe behaviors and mindsets into Lean transformation activities, manufacturing, operations, warehouses and offices.
- Coach teams and other leaders to help broaden the culture of safety in their own organizations
- Must perform gemba walks
- Must know, comply with, train and coach the seven absolutes
- Participate in the eradication of Incidents and non-conformity through effective investigations and CAPA
- Sustain and ensure SHE Management System is effective to promote continuous improvement in SHE performance in area of responsibility.
Required Skills and Education
- Education – B.Sc or M.Sc in Engineering, Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene (Preferred)
- SHE Experience – 2 or more years of leading similar SHE organizations preferable with years of experience in Manufacturing, Production or similar function managing people on the shop floor.
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred) – Has a track record of success at the front line management level.
- Global network experience – Proved experience working across the manufacturing network desirable intercultural outside one single region
- Lean Knowledge – Owns mastery of the lean principles and the SCJ transformation approach across Operating System, Management Infrastructure, and Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities
- Leadership and management – Possesses strong leadership, people skills and communication abilities
- Influencing – Can effectively garner support from others, negotiate persuasively and create win/win outcomes
- Technical – Has solid Project Management skills, deep knowledge of TPM and mastery of the Training and Development process
- Conflict Management
- Integrity and trust
- Managing through systems
- Motivating Others
- Problem Solving
- Developing direct reports and others
- Drive for result
- Priority Setting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: You need to be legally eligible to work in Nigeria.