Vacancies at GMT Nigeria Limited in Lagos
GMT Nigeria Limited was established in 1999. Since our inception we have grown into the largest inbound logistics service provider in Sub Saharan Africa. GMT offers Clients a world-class integrated logistics service that spans across the supply chain transforming logistics challenges into competitive advantages, we provide customized solutions to meet any logistics demand when importing goods into Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
- We have an opportunity for an experienced .NET developer to join the technology team at GMT to be part of the team responsible for building .NET applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts.
- Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop applications, and coordinate with the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- We seek a commitment and collaborative problem solver with, sophisticated design skills, and the ability to produce quality products
- The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable .NET code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A Degree in Computer Science or related areas an advantage
- Proficient in C# and the .NET framework, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Must be able to develop use cases and other design documents
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Good working knowledge of Windows Presentation Framework and Windows Communication Foundation
- Able to write, readable .Net code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as BitBucket and Mercurial)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with team members and end users
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Job Title: Head of Business Intelligence
- GMT seek an experienced Head of Business Intelligence that has experience with QlikView to join the Technology Department.
- The Head of BI is responsible for the design and the development of complex reporting solutions.
- This individual will work with team members, users, and others to triage requests, define requirements, design, develop and deploy high-quality reporting solutions that meet current and future foreseeable user needs utilizing GMTs tools and infrastructure.
Duties of the Head of Business Intelligence is to:
- Define report requirements and build reports that functions as desired
- Perform analysis, develop, and test complex reporting solutions
- Contribute to, best practices and common processes for developing solutions with GMT tools (i.e. QlikView, SAP etc)
- Help fulfill GMT vision. Understands how their work supports the vision and proposes better ways to achieve the vision. Can articulate these ideas in a manner that builds consensus and influences decision making at the Executive Management level
- Troubleshoots and performs root cause analysis of incidents and manages the pipeline of issue resolution
- Build strong working relationships with users and team members, including Directors and above. Gains trust and respect of key users.
- Manages multiple independent complex activities. Manage tasks, dependencies, and user/team expectations regarding scope and timeline of solution delivery
- Designs and develops complex reporting solutions that enable user functionality with minimal on-going maintenance and post-production incidents
- Provides expertise in understanding and using GMT data models and systems, and acts as resource in the interpretation and use of data generated and utilized by users
- Participates in teams to define design and development standards and conduct peer reviews of solution designs
- Troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported solutions
- Degree in information technology or similar
- Four or more years’ experience in either (or both) Business Intelligence Delivering high quality Reporting & Analytics solutions
- Proficient with the QlikView Application
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL in a SQL Server environment OR 2+ years’ experience with SAP. Proficient with complex SQL (multi joins, subqueries, unions) and creation of database objects (tables, views, materialized views, etc.). Ability to utilize performance tuning utilities (Explain Plans, etc.) to optimize queries
- Advanced user in Excel
- Able to work without direct supervision based on general direction provided by a superior, is able to give guidance to peers, and makes recommendations to supervisors on best path forward. Provides regular updates to supervisor on pending tasks, pain points, and potential roadblocks
- Demonstrated ability for completing multiple complex projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply